Regular length wide pads

Anyone making a pad for short fat guys? Running an XL Xtherm, but at 5'8 I don't need a 7' long pad.

Would be slick to have a pad as good as the Xtherm but without an extra foot of unused pad.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone making a pad for short fat guys? Running an XL Xtherm, but at 5'8 I don't need a 7' long pad.

Would be slick to have a pad as good as the Xtherm but without an extra foot of unused pad.

Thanks

Big agnes makes 25x72 pads. Slx and other models.

Really hoping xtherm Max will be eventually be made in wide width and standard length.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

msummer88

FNG
I’m loving my Q Core SLX, it’s a fatty and pretty damn lightweight. You should be able to get it regular wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my Big Agnes insulated double z. I sleep great on it every time. I had to return the first one because it had a valve issue but the second one has been perfect. They also make an uninsulated version.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
You can cut down your xtherm and re-seal it with an iron. Lots of videos and information online.

texag10

WKR
Klymit static pads are 23" wide in standard format. I am very thin at 5'11" and 155, but my shoulders and arms still hang off 20" wide pads. I wish more manufacturers made regular/wide pads.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks

EXPED makes the SynMat UL, SynMat HL, SynMat 7, and SynMat XP 7 in MW (medium wide) width. These measure 72"x26"

TradLife406,

Could the extra length of the XTherm be folded under and used as a pillow at the head end? I'm in the same boat as you and I was wondering if there was a reason that couldn't work.

OP
TradLife406
TradLife406,

Could the extra length of the XTherm be folded under and used as a pillow at the head end? I'm in the same boat as you and I was wondering if there was a reason that couldn't work.
I don't know. I pack a pillow...

MIKEYB

WKR
Just ordered a Kylmit LW off massdrop with the plan to cut down and reseal as shown in several videos. Should be here next week.

I like the width but am short as *$&% and wont utilize the extra length. I don't think I would be as comfortable with folding the pad over VS packing a pillow, but may have to try it. I can picture myself fighting with it.

texag10

WKR
TradLife406,

That might work well with some lightweight straps to hold it in place.

Kkeverson

FNG
Ive seen the idea to use a wide thin foam pad (can even make own) under a regular thermarest. That keeps elbows and anything else hanging off the therm warmer. I havent tried it.