Bunk cots

I am thinking on buying a Cabelas Big Horn 2 Tent my friend has and it is 12 x 14 which is tight with 3 cots and a stove, plus our gear..

So the Question is has any one used the bunk cots that cabelas has.

Terry

blackdawg

WKR
I owned a couple of sets of them, sold them and returned to single cots. Heavy and durable cots, I found that if it was short trip, the assembly took quite a bit of effort. We put a kid on the top cot , not sure I would want a big fella tossing and turning on one above me. The top cot does make a good extra storage space for duffels, bow case,etc.

efnm

WKR
I have the Cam-O-Cots and they work quite well. They are a bit of a pain to build but fairly stable once up. I've slept with grown dudes on the cot above and nothing collapsed. That said, I would get the extensions if they offer them. The extra 6" or whatever is nice to have.

frankrb3

WKR
I lived on one (disc-o-bed model) for 8 months while forward deployed in Afghanistan. I was fortunate to not have to share the top bunk with another marine and used it to hold most of my gear. They were extremely durable and comfortable. I did not have to set mine up and take it down constantly though so I can see how assembly may be a pain if you're doing this frequently. Only saw one guy get crushed during those entire 8 months (our navy corpsman) but that was because two marines were horse playing on the top bunk which I am sure they are not intended for.

Napperm4

WKR
We used a couple sets this last year in our basecamp. Smaller guys were in the top bunks and bigger guys on the bottom.

They were great and gave us a ton of extra space especially when we had some buddy’s coming and going.

A little work to set up, but we leave camp in for about 60 days and the old boys spend about 50 of those up there. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them for a 5 day camp out either. Durable and comfortable.

We picked ours up at Costco online. Better price than cabelas and came with the extensions plus a few extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I have two. Great for keeping gear in tent organized. Extemely comfortable. Bit of a pain to put together but I use them on longer hunting trips. I like mine.