Solo sized stove?

amp713

WKR
For a solo person shelter 99% of the time with the possibility of tossed into a bigger shelter being rare....

What's a good, packable, light, and square top so you can cook on it stove?

The cub looks smaller than the small wifi but seems to be heavier. I've not messed around with stoves before so not sure how many options are out there or what's "best" for this situation.

I want to be able to cook on it (boil water at the least), dry out gear and knock some chill off if need be. I can ditch my regular stove and switch my insulated pad for a lighter more packable pad to offset the weight and room... at least it works that way in my head...

sneaky

"DADDY"
Don't think you can get away with a lighter pad because you have a stove. Once that fire goes out the ground is still as cold as it would be without a stove. You can boil water on cylinder stoves too it just takes longer. Ruta Locura makes a flat top stove, TiGoat, SO, Kifaru. It all comes down to how much you want to stoke it, how much weight you wanna carry, how much you want to spend. You can save weight by carrying a smaller can of gas for your other stove if you boil water for dinner on your wood stove. Offset weight in other gear, but your sleep system needs to stay rated for whatever temps you're in when the fire goes out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
My sleep system right now is a little on the hot side for my bow hunts, I run a kifaru slick 20 degree and an exped down pad that weighs 2 pounds and has a 5.9 r value. I was in the book cliffs first of March and in under freezing weather with wind and snow and rain I was almost sweating at night haha

I probably should have mentioned that before tossing out I wanted to ditch r value.