Down bag users how do you keep your bag dry?

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
I was just curious how everyone ensures there down bag stays dry both in your pack and in the tent? I was thinking about treating my stuff sack to help it shed water.

I was just curious how everyone ensures there down bag stays dry both in your pack and in the tent? I was thinking about treating my stuff sack to help it shed water.
Dry sack in my pack. On the ground a sheet of tyvek.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
I put it in a dry sack in my pack.

In my tent, it stays on top of my stepping pad and not touching the wall of the tent.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I run a Bivy inside my tipi always and a ground cloth so I dont get any stickers

There are plenty of options out there. I use Katabatic Gear Bristlecone Bivy

I never leave home without my Bivy. its nice because I can get up and close it up with my quilt pad and pillow and keeps the bugs or snakes or whatever from crawling in while your out for the day. Best 8 ounce investment Ive ever made.

Beendare

WKR
I can't use a bivy bag...as I said on the other thread.....I give off a lot of moisture when I sleep and a bivy bag holds that in.

If I'm on a hunt with my down bag where it gets damp....I hang it in the sun for an hour or two midday.

If I think there is going to be an issue with a lot moisture on a hunt....I just bring my Syn bag.

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Sea-to-summit ultralight drybag. Its in it at all times unless I'm sleeping in it or its air-drying in the sun...

jmden

WKR
2nd Sea-to-summit ultralight drybag. Right size and becomes combo compression stuff sack and watertight as well. Don't get the ones with the clear window--those aren't meant to hold something really compressed--window does not fare well.

rayporter

WKR
on most trips I put the bag in a 5 string kifaru and then into a garbage bag.

on water trips it will go in a dry bag after the 5 string.

if it is hot and sunny I leave it in the tipi in the daytime open to the air.

if possible I hang it for a few minutes everyday.