Tipi tent with floor.

EastMT

WKR
Have you considered a bathtub floor? There’s several lightweight options with waterproof tub, a few inches high that is the size of your pad

The only tipi tent option with a floor that I know of is WildSide Systems, and I wouldn't call them lightweight.
Their 4+ man tipi is 12'-7" diameter, 8'-6" tall, and weighs 13 lbs 3 oz.
Compare that to a Seek Outside 6 man at 14' diameter, 7'-10" tall and 6 lbs 8 oz.

Home - WildSide Systems

If you really want a floor, I would look at purchasing a nest from Seek Outside or another reputable manufacturer.

Last edited:
Check out Bear Paw Wilderness. They make tipi's that can come with a bathtub floor. Definitely give them a call and discuss your plans with them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jmden

WKR
The only tipi tent option with a floor that I know of is WildSide Systems, and I wouldn't call them lightweight.
Their 4+ man tipi is 12'-7" diameter, 8'-6" tall, and weighs 13 lbs 3 oz.
Compare that to a Seek Outside 6 man at 14' diameter, 7'-10" tall and 6 lbs 8 oz.

Home - WildSide Systems

If you really want a floor, I would look at purchasing a nest from Seek Outside or another reputable manufacturer.

A true double wall design with floor is going to weigh about twice as much as a single wall tipi...because there's about twice as much or more fabric. No way to get away from that. I'm willing to pack a bit more weight, like this design, if I'm base camping and hunting from there. A double wall design is more comfortable, warmer and a bugproof design with watertight floor is quite nice as well, I've found. I make these as part of a small side business, by the way. Make just a very few a year. Don't have a great desire to make a bunch of money...just believe in the design and realize that it's a very small market niche that will believe the same and cough of the $ for one. That's ok with me.

The WildSide Systems design allows a choice of a couple differnt types of inner walls with floors that clip in/zip in so that just the outer wall can be used by itself, or, just the outer wall can be used with just a floor--however, this configuration is not bug proof. When an inner wall/floor is used there's a watertight floor and the tent is bugproof. Several different combinations to choose from. Don't have to buy an inner wall. Combined with the incredible amount of adjustable ventilation, there's a noticeable reduction in condensation and it's just more comfortable.

I'd think any of the shelters that you can buy a half nest for would work well for a solo shelter with a floor and stove. Gets tougher with 2 or more people.

jm1607

WKR
Check out Bear Paw Wilderness. They make tipi's that can come with a bathtub floor. Definitely give them a call and discuss your plans with them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I 2nd this. He can do pretty much whatever you like...

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Tentipi Nordic tipi's are designed to be used floorless, or with a floor when desired. They're detachable, bring it when you want it, leave it home when you don't. Tentipi's floors also have different zipper combinations built into them. They can be opened into an "O" shape around the center pole, nice when using a wood stove or and open fire inside. They can also zip open into a "V" shape creating an area to drop muddy boots for instance, while keeping bedding areas covered.
floors__23349.1351218033.1280.1280.png

Tentipi also offers full inner-tents, literally a tent-within-a-tent for the most demanding conditions. These inner-tents have complete sewn-in bathtub floors which also have the different floor zipper options.

inner-tent-comfort-pro.jpg

Check out the full Tentipi product lineup at Tentipi Nordic tipi tents & stoves. USA based authorized distributor | MansfieldOutdoors.com

amp713

WKR
Luxe as mentioned above has many options and is adding more.

I've been pushing for stove Jacks in the smaller tipis and he is doing proto types of just that. Not sure if I'm supposed to say anything or not but.... I did. Ha

It would be a little ways out time wise as he is just getting into them but if you are wanting a bit larger those options are out there already.

If I didn't think I'd trash mine I'd do a stove jack myself but my DIY projects never seem to work out haha