Base Camp Tent Stove?

xcutter

WKR
Looking for recommendations for a good tent stove for base camp. Looking for something that is heavier and will hold some heat. Currently I have a cheap portable military tent stove off eBay. It works but is thin metal and burns out in about 2 hours. Thought about using some longer burning synthetic logs at bedtime. Thanks for the help.

LaHunter

WKR
I use the largest model of Colorado Cylinder Stoves. It has worked well for the past few years. I would NOT recommend putting any synthetic logs in your stove. These could plug your spark arrester pretty quickly and fill your tent with smoke

Beendare

WKR
I have the cylinder stove...and its fantastic. I dunno if its the "CO" stove or not......

I've had mine for about 15 years after burning up 2 of the sheet metal ones.....this is a lifetime stove.....5 stars.

Napperm4

WKR
93c586d19dfb51e5eca397fcf8d1477d.jpg

With a little patience and a spare day you can easily make your own. This is the one for the cook shack. Took me about half a day to build and works like a charm.

In the sleeping tent I made another out of a barrel but cut it vertical. I put a layer of masonry sand between the ribbing then nested the 2 halves and welded on a flat top. Keeps heat forever that way, uses bigger logs (no hardwood where I hunt, just pine) and the flat top is great for keeping water warm for coffee, dishes, laundry etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say check out FourDog Stoves.....but looking at his site now - I can't seem to find anything other than the Ti models....I have a heavier duty 3dog model and it's pretty beastly. Weighs about ~35# or something