Wanted: Pillow that is comfortable, light, and packs small

530Chukar

WKR
I have one of the funky shaped Klymit pillows and I wouldn’t recommend it at all. It is light but that’s about all it has going for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kkeverson

FNG
There is a guy on backpacking light gear forum selling homemade pillows. Cuben fiber with foam pieces inside. I bought one. Absoluty the best pillow ever.

jolemons

WKR
There is a guy on backpacking light gear forum selling homemade pillows. Cuben fiber with foam pieces inside. I bought one. Absoluty the best pillow ever.
I'd like to see what that looks like expanded and packed.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Blackcow

WKR
I've been knocking around getting a goosefeet gear down pillow with the sleeve, and putting an inflatable pillow in it so I can adjust the firmness and height.

Jalliston

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Nemo Fillo (the ultralight version) and the Sea to Summit premium deluxe. I’m a side sleeper and the S2S is nice and thick and has a contour so your head doesn’t roll off so it’s my preference. If I had bought the larger Nemo I may have liked it better because it definitely has a better cover.

Last year I justified bringing a way thicker puffy than the weather called for and carried a pillow case in the pocket.

I must have one of the more heavy heads as I seem to wear out pillows fast and when I do - I end up with a badly kinked neck. Been using the Therma-Rest compressible small the last few years. At 7 oz it's not too much of a splurge and worth it. Fits in with my sleeping bag into compression sack. There are a lot of complaints of not much loft, etc. on these. I found when I first got it you need to put in the dryer for about 15 minutes to fluff good. Been going strong since.

superA

WKR
Sea to Summit makes some really nice ones. HMG is making stuff sacks with a soft exterior on one side if you want a pillow without adding extra weight.

I'm test driving a COCOON Ultralight Air-Core (4.1 oz) and NEMO FILLO LUXURY ELITE (3.9 oz) over the next few weeks.
The first impressions are better than the Sea to Summit and Expeds I've used.

mrgreen

WKR

I agree with this. I actually bought the first one he sold. I've tried nearly every pillow mentioned in this thread, and this one works better for me then any other- better be a wide margin.

Of course there is always a trade off, it's very light, I think about 3oz, but it doesn't really compress. I think that's why it works, if my fat head could smoosh it during the night I'd wake with a sore neck.

If I could get used to sleeping on my back I would't have such a collection of camping pillows- Plus, I could use a much lighter pad.

jolemons

WKR
I agree with this. I actually bought the first one he sold. I've tried nearly every pillow mentioned in this thread, and this one works better for me then any other- better be a wide margin.

Of course there is always a trade off, it's very light, I think about 3oz, but it doesn't really compress. I think that's why it works, if my fat head could smoosh it during the night I'd wake with a sore neck.

If I could get used to sleeping on my back I would't have such a collection of camping pillows- Plus, I could use a much lighter pad.
Do you know the username? I did some searching and couldn't find anyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
EXPED DownPillow for me. Nice down fill on the top side with air inflation underneath. I inflate it about 1/3 of the way for a perfect night sleep

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like my Alps Mountaineering pillow. Airs up tight with 3 breaths, easy to adjust inflation with the flap valve, rolls up smaller than my fist, and weighs almost nothing. $21 on Amazon, so if it goes bad I'm not out much.