NEMO riff?

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I have not had experience with that specific line of bags, but everything I've owned from Nemo has been excellent. Does anyone know if they are hunter friendly?

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nemo is definitely hunter-friendly. I've worked directly with some of the folks there, and in addition to some being hunters themselves, they are keeping hunters' needs in mind with some of their products.

OP
B

Barnhill06

Lil-Rokslider
Have u had any experience with the sleeping bags? Can’t decide between this bag or a quilt. 6’4 so looking for a bag with room

I have the riff. My favorite bag I've owned. Ultra comfortable. Tons of leg room. Only taken on a couple backcountry hut trips this winter. Can't wait to use with my floorless shelter during season. The waterproof footbox seems like the perfect solution to the condensation issue. If you don't mind sleeping next to skin on your pad and don't roll around a lot at night(drafts) then a quilt could work. Don't like them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Barnhill06

Lil-Rokslider
I have the riff. My favorite bag I've owned. Ultra comfortable. Tons of leg room. Only taken on a couple backcountry hut trips this winter. Can't wait to use with my floorless shelter during season. The waterproof footbox seems like the perfect solution to the condensation issue. If you don't mind sleeping next to skin on your pad and don't roll around a lot at night(drafts) then a quilt could work. Don't like them myself.

Have you any issues with moisture. Are they pretty waterproof?

Have you any issues with moisture. Are they pretty waterproof?

No problems yet. Hydrophobic down is not waterproof though. It resistant, it'll keep you warm if it happens to get wet in a emergency situation for a night. That being said do what you can to keep your bag dry. I use a contractor bag in my pack. I also put in stuff sack when I leave camp and hang from the top of inside my shelter. Another thing is if you sharing a floorless with multiple people the condensation can be bad, you add a stove to this situation and it will increase.

ID_Matt

WKR
i have the riff and love it. Super warm. I am a side sleeper so the extra room is great if you toss quite a bit in the night or sleep on your side. Haven't tested the waterproofness too much. Had a few nights where the condensation in the tent would get the sleeping bag pretty wet but most of the water seemed to bead up and run off.

OP
B

Barnhill06

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Thanks guys. I am more than likely goin to be running a floor less shelter so I was just curious. My other option is the north face inferno. Just can’t decide.