On a tent quest....

I would go with the Kifaru sawtooth. One of the best shelters to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would go with the Kifaru sawtooth. One of the best shelters to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know for a fact that doesn't fit his spec for not tooooooooooo big of a footprint lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Light Heart Gear makes a couple of tents you might want to look at also

aion2come

WKR
On several of the Tarptent designs that typically use trekking poles ... if you want to leave your tent set up and take your trekking poles along, you can either get the Tarptent poles (but they aren't too sturdy I am told) or you can get some nice carbon poles from Ruta Locura. That is what I did with my Stratospire.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Bear Paw Wilderness Designs will do any length pole in aluminum as well. Lots of things I like carbon for, but shelter poles isn't one of them.

sneaky

"DADDY"
BPWD also offers the aluminum in several different diameters, forgot to mention that.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Have you looked at the Tarptent Scarp 1? I was looking for pretty much the same thing you were before last hunting season and picked one up. Besides the times when I want a stove, this is my go to tent. It's solid, 3.25 lbs, you can add optional crossing poles if you're really going to be in the nasty stuff, but I don't think they're necessary if you don't let too much snow pile up. I run a neoair xtherm max large pad 25" x 77" and still have plenty of room for my pack and rifle in there. With the updates they made in 2016 you can choose to have more interior tent floor space or more vestibule space depending on your preference. If you haven't picked something yet, I'd give it a hard look. And check out Scotland's Mountains on youtube, he takes a Scarp 1 on a lot of his trips, above timberline winter camping.