TiGoat vertex experience?

Anyone here have any tigoat vertex experience?? Good and bad...

I just bought a vertex 6.5 with the titanium stove with a liner and bug net. It was an amazing price and I have been eyeballing these tipis for a few years, but hadn't quite saved up enough money for a new one (guns and other things kept getting in the way).

Anyways, I am looking for tips and reviews about them.

LaGriz

WKR
Yukon Cornelius,
What is the difference in the specs between a SO 6-man, Kifaru 6-Man, and a Vertex 6.5? Did you pick up this "hot tent bundle" as a demo or used? What stove did it come with? I have the large Wi-Fi stove but have only done a burn in. LaGriz

OP
Y
Yukon Cornelius,
What is the difference in the specs between a SO 6-man, Kifaru 6-Man, and a Vertex 6.5? Did you pick up this "hot tent bundle" as a demo or used? What stove did it come with? I have the large Wi-Fi stove but have only done a burn in. LaGriz

I am not sure about the specs. I got it used from a gentleman up here in Alaska. I haven't seen the set up yet. I live in the bush and he doesn't and since I am moving, I see no need to mail it to turn around and ship it again.

It will be coming with the titanium stove. Everything weighs less than 10lbs (stove, liner, bug net, poles, stakes, and tent).

I used a buddy's Vortex 8 on Kodiak about 6 years ago and that's what inspired me to buy my first tipi. The one issue that we had with the Vortex was the lack of a zipper storm flap/gutter. Whenever it would rain, which was close to 100% of the time on this hunt, we had a continuous drip of water from the top of the zipper. It wasn't a huge issue but it was a bit of a PITA.

LaGriz

WKR
AK Troutbum,
I remember reading about the zippers being a source of complaints. I'm pretty impressed with the fit & finish of the Wi-Fi stove. Was pleased with the service I received from the guy (DJ) at Ti-Goat too. Have since purchased a Seek Outside discontinued shelter (BCS-2) that I like a whole bunch. On 3 of the last 4 hunts I have gotten into animals near my base camp and did not have a need to spike out. Nights in the tent have been limited and I didn't need to run the stove in the mild weather.

I'm looking at retirement in the not too distance future. I see myself using this shelter a lot more. On top of that my Brother just moved to the front range in Colorado. Have a plan to do some camping and scouting in the many places I have accumulated preference points. Then I hope to draw one or more hunts per year for a few years. (If the point creep doesn't limit this option)

Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like you have the bases covered with this tent/stove combination. LaGriz

OP
Y
AK Troutbum,
I remember reading about the zippers being a source of complaints. I'm pretty impressed with the fit & finish of the Wi-Fi stove. Was pleased with the service I received from the guy (DJ) at Ti-Goat too. Have since purchased a Seek Outside discontinued shelter (BCS-2) that I like a whole bunch. On 3 of the last 4 hunts I have gotten into animals near my base camp and did not have a need to spike out. Nights in the tent have been limited and I didn't need to run the stove in the mild weather.

I'm looking at retirement in the not too distance future. I see myself using this shelter a lot more. On top of that my Brother just moved to the front range in Colorado. Have a plan to do some camping and scouting in the many places I have accumulated preference points. Then I hope to draw one or more hunts per year for a few years. (If the point creep doesn't limit this option)

Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like you have the bases covered with this tent/stove combination. LaGriz

I am hoping I do. I have a massive 8 man cabelas alaskan guide geo tent that is a great tent for the family, but very heavy for just two guys and a weekend trip.
I've been hunting out of two man backpacking tents for their 5 lbs weights and that has worked for 6 seasons, but after getting soaked this fall, and not being able to get my clothes dry, I wanted something with a little more standing room so I can hang my wet clothes if needed.

I have the 7.5, cylinder stove, and the liner. Tent has, so far, exceeded expectations. I did not personally know anyone who owned a similar tent setup so I called ti goat a few times and spoke with them. They're tough to get a hold of, but very helpful.

From what I recall my tent, stove, and liner weigh in at 6 pounds total. Don't forget to seam seal it. Maybe you'll get lucky and one of your buddy's will do it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
I am not sure about the specs. I got it used from a gentleman up here in Alaska. I haven't seen the set up yet. I live in the bush and he doesn't and since I am moving, I see no need to mail it to turn around and ship it again.

It will be coming with the titanium stove. Everything weighs less than 10lbs (stove, liner, bug net, poles, stakes, and tent).

Did you use it?How you like it?What the mosquitos net looks,how it hang on the shelter?Pictures of your set-up?

OP
Y
I did use it. I did like it. I didn’t use the stove though. I got some pics of it set up, and if I can figure out how to load, I will. Basically the bug net just clipped on the inside. I hope to set it up again in the back yard during spring break and camp with the stove but that’s a few weeks away.

reaper

WKR
I did use it. I did like it. I didn’t use the stove though. I got some pics of it set up, and if I can figure out how to load, I will. Basically the bug net just clipped on the inside. I hope to set it up again in the back yard during spring break and camp with the stove but that’s a few weeks away.
Can you send me pictures?
[email protected]

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
If he sends you pictures, would you mind posting them here? I also would be interested in seeing them. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never got the pictures,i received my tigoat 6.75,liners and bug net are not avaiable for this model but i sewed a clothe line inside and i can understand how the bug net is hang.

Sad new,R.I.P DJ
989ec5d587a4a2927649fb07571c3843.jpg

Damn, that’s too bad...

On happier news have you used the 6.75 yet? I’m strongly considering it and either trying my hand at sewing a nest or giving bear paw a shot.

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
Ive got the vertex 8 that I've used the ever-loving snot out of. Got about 30 pin holes in it from my stove over the years, still going strong. Their carbon pole melted the first time out with a stove so I got their aluminum and it works great. I wish they used actual webbing for the stake loops instead of grosgrain/edge binding.

Sad to hear DJ passed. He was always super friendly.

reaper

WKR
Ive got the vertex 8 that I've used the ever-loving snot out of. Got about 30 pin holes in it from my stove over the years, still going strong. Their carbon pole melted the first time out with a stove so I got their aluminum and it works great. I wish they used actual webbing for the stake loops instead of grosgrain/edge binding.

Sad to hear DJ passed. He was always super friendly.
Agree on the webbing/grosgrain.
Pictures with an ultralight cot.

6eeeb3b46a9ee59ae8f6af9735bc388b.jpg
4b64c8dfff0c74ca268b165d1e298ef7.jpg
5f5e374c290fa407dfe0371ca8522fec.jpg
3fab886934bb2bf08a77ca033dd3cc44.jpg

Trial153

WKR
Sorry to hear about the gentleman's passing . I was going to pull the trigger on the 6.5, going to wait a see.
Condolences to the his family.