Tent Help Needed!!!

I am looking at tents and I'm having a hard time deciding on what to go with. The tent will be for Alaskan Moose/caribou float hunt, Kodiak deer hunt, and then some other trips later on down the road. Tent will need to be big enough for 4 people plus gear. I was looking at a BA Flying Diamond but not sold on them. Thinking maybe a tipi would possibly be a good idea? What tents do you guys like and/or use?

I would prefer something that has clips and not sleeves for the tent poles as it will get taken down and put up several times on float trips and in situations in the dark a time or two.

Graves14

WKR
Both of those trips sound wet. I’d seriously look into a 6-8 man tipi and stove setup. With a raft to hold it or 4 guys to break it up amongst the weight/size will be negligible and the space and ability to dry all your gear at night will be worth its weight in gold.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Those are some great trips that you have on the horizon, sir. You have many options for shelter and each has its own pros/cons to consider for sure...and money to be budgeted based upon future use, etc. We all will have our preferences and choices about what works for us.

That said, in the end make sure that your choices can for sure hold-up to some very tough and very likely wx challenges, e.g., crazy strong wind and rain. If you're hunkered down in something for several days because the winds are just pounding outside and the rain is blowing sideways, then there is no way that someone can fly-in to get you if your shelter collapses and/or blows away.

The trips you have planned I have done many times, and will be doing again this fall. My hunting partner and I each have a Hilleberg Staika tent, which we each have had for five years, and I have a Seekoutside 4-man tipi with a titanium stove. What I just described was a huge investment in money, but we have not regretted spending a penny of it...once again to each his/her own...just be sure your choice can withstand what mother nature can throw at you up here...especially Kodiak.