Crap... Sawtooth is on sale again.

FlyGuy

WKR
15% off.

I've been eyeing one of these for a while now. I primarily use a tut which is great. but a few things that are attractive about the sawtooth are:

#1 the liner option

#2 the stove pipe appears to be located further from the center pole, so clothes are not hanging to dry so dangerously close to that pipe. (One wrong move cost me a core lightweight hoody last year)

Downsides are it's a bit heavier, and more complicated to get set up. Tut goes up fast, which is nice if rain is starting to come down, but that's only come in hand for me once thus far.

Looking to hear from those who have run both. Which do you prefer and why? Anything else not listed that I should be considering?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I have a Sawtooth, I think it's a better choice for me anyways! I don't like how close you are to the stove in your sleeping bag with the Tut, especially since I'm older and stoved up when I wake up. The liner is a game changer for more than just condensation, this was I think our third season with the Sawtooth but first we actually used the liner, it made the shelter a lot more habitable during the day, guess it reflects some of the sun rays, before it was pretty much a full on sauna with direct sun, but with the liner it was tolerable. More room to store gear and firewood etc too! Saw them set up side by side at Kifaru, if the Tut had a liner, it might be my choice for a solo shelter, but I wouldn't want it for use with a partner!

I have a Sawtooth, I think it's a better choice for me anyways! I don't like how close you are to the stove in your sleeping bag with the Tut, especially since I'm older and stoved up when I wake up. The liner is a game changer for more than just condensation, this was I think our third season with the Sawtooth but first we actually used the liner, it made the shelter a lot more habitable during the day, guess it reflects some of the sun rays, before it was pretty much a full on sauna with direct sun, but with the liner it was tolerable. More room to store gear and firewood etc too! Saw them set up side by side at Kifaru, if the Tut had a liner, it might be my choice for a solo shelter, but I wouldn't want it for use with a partner!
Can you deploy the liner on one half of the shelter, like on the side your sleeping on? Or is that just an option for the tipi? I bailed out of the mountains early yesterday just to get my order in. I saw the notice Friday as I was on my way out of town!

Pretty jacked! I had Megatarps, fine shelters but after a few days of crawling in and out it gets old. The extra room even solo for extended trips will be nice. And only a little heavier than the Megatarp.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Can you deploy the liner on one half of the shelter, like on the side your sleeping on? Or is that just an option for the tipi? I bailed out of the mountains early yesterday just to get my order in. I saw the notice Friday as I was on my way out of town!

Pretty jacked! I had Megatarps, fine shelters but after a few days of crawling in and out it gets old. The extra room even solo for extended trips will be nice. And only a little heavier than the Megatarp.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's a two piece liner that run the length of the shelter