Fixing an air pad

snowplow

WKR
The damn dog just put a 3" tear in my nemo tensor insulated pad. Any chance you can fix a huge tear like this?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
Doubtful, that's a big hole. Since it's already probably been ruined, you could trying sewing the gash closed with nylon thread and then slather with seam sealer... maybe that will work.

If not, bring the dog along on the hunt and sleep on him... lumpy but warm!

JL

Tenasious tape it then slather shoe goo over it. Might work , hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BRWNBR

WKR
Aqua seal is what
I use for holes or tears. I like the sew it first idea.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
How would you sew it? Hand sew a patch on or pull the rip together and machine sew. The machine might be stronger but would make it a tight spot?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I don't think I'd ever trust a repair of that size to hold up on an air mattress. Sewing it first sounds good in theory but there would be a LOT of tension on the stitches when inflated...plus your body weight...and likely the sewing wouldn't hold. That's why most matts are welded ultrasonically I suppose. I know I would be buying a new pad and keeping it in a safer place.

BRWNBR

WKR
I don't think I'd ever trust a repair of that size to hold up on an air mattress. Sewing it first sounds good in theory but there would be a LOT of tension on the stitches when inflated...plus your body weight...and likely the sewing wouldn't hold. That's why most matts are welded ultrasonically I suppose. I know I would be buying a new pad and keeping it in a safer place.

I would say that’s the sure fire fix!
Get a new one. But heck, try to fit this one just for kicks and see if it works.

GotDraw?

WKR
the only way to sew it would be by hand... and I would be shocked if it worked.
If you sewed it, slathered the stitching with goo, then Tenacious tape the area... it MIGHT work.

Definitely would not bother taking backpack hunting or in any situation where I would be reliant on it.

Baaaad dog, baaaaaad dog. Go get in your cage.

JL

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman