Guylines for Redcliff

I need to get some guylines for my redcliff. Can someone link me to the best ones they have used? I was thinking some plastic ones for weight savings over the metal ones.

OP
MuleyFever
I thought maybe someone had purchased the tensioners and rope together that they really liked some place specific.

Jbehredt

WKR
I just lined mine up this afternoon. Used bowline knots and taught line hitches. The supplied bundle of cord was enough for 6-16” of adjustment on each stake loop and 6’ lines on the end guy outs. Can’t speak to whether or not it will work outside of the yard until next week.

colonel00

WKR
I just lined mine up this afternoon. Used bowline knots and taught line hitches. The supplied bundle of cord was enough for 6-16” of adjustment on each stake loop and 6’ lines on the end guy outs. Can’t speak to whether or not it will work outside of the yard until next week.

I did the same last weekend. I have tensioners on some of my other tents (Sawtooth and Cimarron) but decided to learn a few knots and just keep it simple. I used some sort of reflective cordage from Lawson. Not sure exactly what it is since I got one of their bulk packs that comes with more line of different types than you'll ever need.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Lawsons have everything a guy needs from reflective glowwire to tensioners. Great company to deal with

Any more updates on this?
I need to do the 6 upper guy outs in my redcliff.
I used 1.2 Dynemma and micro line locs on my tarp.
And was thinking about doing the same.

Do you leave the guys on the tent and roll them up and stow them before packing? I'm a cram it in the bag kinda guy but then I hate the tangles the next go round.
I'm also considering installing the line loc 3 with loops,
Then it would be easy to just remove and roll up the guy lines..

So after a quick you tube search I see the bow line and taught line are easier to tie then I thought.
So how did that all work for you.
They included 50ft of Atwood cord. I was thinking 10ft on each end and 7.5 on the other 4 guys?

And then how do you manage them for tangles?

I made all six equal lengths with taught line knots. I leave mine hooked up and just start at the peak and roll and stuff. Works fine for me.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wad my guylines up in the folds of the tent as I'm stuffing it in the bag. Everything is wet and muddy and has to be sorted out when I get home anyway, never worry too much about tangles.

I wad my guylines up in the folds of the tent as I'm stuffing it in the bag. Everything is wet and muddy and has to be sorted out when I get home anyway, never worry too much about tangles.
Well I usually move camps 4-6 times during archery elk season. Is the only real reason I'm worried.
I mostly bought it as a quick easy car camp setup more then backcountry.
And I shed hunt and do a day here and there.
So I pack and move my stuff alot. Usually setting up in the dark.
I may end up selling and going to a kodiak canvas.

I use 2mm Lawson GloWire. Cut to 18" pieces then bowline to the guy out point on the tarp and a taught line hitch to the stake.