Question for the hammock users

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
What tarp or rainfly should I buy? Not looking for anything expensive as it wint be used much. New to hammocks and just not ready to invest much into it for the limited use I will give it yearly.

Fitzwho

WKR
All I can say is that I use the Pelican Tarp from Hummingbird Hammocks. Not cheap ($180) but it only weighs 13 ounces and packs into nothing. I got this one for the doors on both ends. They have a standard one without doors that’s a little cheaper. Otherwise I would just get on Amazon and find one in your price point.

I’m planning to use my Borah Gear 8x10 flat trap for my trial into hammock camping. If I remember right off the top of my head....It’s fairly light at 16oz and think I paid $100 for it last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What length hammock do you have? You'll want a foot of coverage on either end, unless you're trying to go UL.

I've got a 12" OES Maccat. There are a lot of tarps on the market. Hammockgear, warbonnet, tree to tree trail gear, JRB, many many makers can set you up.

More importantly than the tarp perhaps - look into snake skins and a hammock ridgeline with knot bone and figure 9. Makes things super easy.