Kifaru Back country Body bag out.

CDNPO

FNG
EE rates their 6 oz. Apex at 30 degrees and Kifaru put their 6 oz. Apex at 25 degrees. Maybe EE is actually being conservative with their Apex ratings?

Insulations & Loft – Enlightened Equipment
Justin over at RipstopbytheRoll posted this as a rough guide for Apex Climashield:

What are the temperature ratings for Climashield Apex? – Ripstop by the Roll

He rates 5.0oz at 30degrees. I run some DIY quilts with 5.0 and 3.6 and find these numbers fairly accurate

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jeffh0214

FNG
Justin over at RipstopbytheRoll posted this as a rough guide for Apex Climashield:

What are the temperature ratings for Climashield Apex? – Ripstop by the Roll

He rates 5.0oz at 30degrees. I run some DIY quilts with 5.0 and 3.6 and find these numbers fairly accurate

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

FWIW, I think Nunatak puts their 5.0 oz Apex quilts at 35 degrees. Everyone seems to have their own idea when it comes to comfort rating. I was just surprised to see EE being “more conservative” with their 6.0 oz Apex ratings than Kifaru.

So its a Doobie with a $100 zipper.
1488788456_breaking-bad-money.gif

Zbot

WKR
I'm at the same weight, for a 0* bag that was $150 shipped (Big Agnes on clearance). Hell, hit the right Goodwill at the right time and you can probably get a similar weight bag for way less or I'd hit an REI garage sale.

I think Kifaru muffed this one...just not seeing it unless you just have to have a little rino on your sleeping bag ;)

jm1607

WKR
I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was a little wider :( There are few backpackable rectangular/semi-rectangular bags on the market..