Ny-way stove

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking at the stoves for a while. I finally got one, a 4000 model. I was planning on adding a baffle keep more heat in the stove but the one that showed up already had one! Has anyone else but one of these recently? Did it have a baffle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Only used it in the backyard.

We have woodstoves, but I thought the nu-way would be nice during high fire danger times, camping near the vehicles.

It does throw plenty of heat in the 6-man tipi.

GkJzeia.jpg

Last edited:

Luked

WKR
I have one of the NuWay stoves for my Alkanak 12x12 from Cabelas.
I haven't used it much yet but have had trouble with all the heat going out the top.
I'm still in the process of figuring something out but have made it better that when I started.
the first time I used it my tent has a opening for a 5" pipe. so I put a 3" on the stove itself and used adapters to get it 5" then ran the 5" all the way out.
that did not work at all. semi cold night and tent was really cold.
next thing I have tried was to use a silid 3" pipe all the way out but where the pipe goes through the tent opening I put a piece of 5" around the 3" and taped it with Alum tape just to hold it to the 3" pipe. it worked much better but I still loose a lot of heat out the top.
going to try a damper next in the 3" pipe to see how that does next but will be a while till it starts to cool down.

OP
Olbadae

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of the NuWay stoves for my Alkanak 12x12 from Cabelas.
I haven't used it much yet but have had trouble with all the heat going out the top.
I'm still in the process of figuring something out but have made it better that when I started.
the first time I used it my tent has a opening for a 5" pipe. so I put a 3" on the stove itself and used adapters to get it 5" then ran the 5" all the way out.
that did not work at all. semi cold night and tent was really cold.
next thing I have tried was to use a silid 3" pipe all the way out but where the pipe goes through the tent opening I put a piece of 5" around the 3" and taped it with Alum tape just to hold it to the 3" pipe. it worked much better but I still loose a lot of heat out the top.
going to try a damper next in the 3" pipe to see how that does next but will be a while till it starts to cool down.

I do have the dampener installed on the pipe. Hope I have better luck.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
I am building a stack robber for my nu way same idea as a damper i guess except its heating more metal hoping to get more radiant heat from that. I also use a heat powered fan for a wood stove that helps alot