Kifaru Quilt VS Standard Open-Back Quilt

Are there any distinct advantages of Kifaru's side opening quilt over a standard back opening quilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe kifaru is going to be releasing an actual quilt soon. The backcountry body bag is a semi rectangular hoodless bag - benefit is you can prevent drafts that come from an open back.

sveltri

WKR
The quilt is released and on the site. I think it is open backed, the picture is somewhat deceiving though. I believe they were trying to show the draft closure system.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The quilt is released and on the site. I think it is open backed, the picture is somewhat deceiving though. I believe they were trying to show the draft closure system.

I’ve been really surprised how nobody on rokslide seems to be talking about the kifaru quilt.

the pictures are confusing. Looks like a narrower version of the Backcountry body bag with a sewn foot and no zipper?

twall13

WKR
Hopefully they come out with a video on them soon to clear things up. I'm sure it's not intended to be used as a side access quilt but the pictures do lead you to think that is how it is designed.

I will say, I'm struggling a little bit with the price for a synthetic quilt. I know Kifaru makes bombproof gear but I purchased a similarly rated Climashield quilt from Arrowhead-Equipment.com for about half the price last year... Looks like they are about $110 cheaper at the moment. Not exactly the same design but not too far off either.

Last edited:

geriggs

WKR
^^^^^^ this!

Hopefully they come out with a video on them soon to clear things up. I'm sure it's not intended to be used as a side access quilt but the pictures do lead you to think that is how it is designed.

I will say, I'm struggling a little bit with the price for a synthetic quilt. I know Kifaru makes bombproof gear but I purchased a similarly rated Climashield quilt from Arrowhead-Equipment.com for about half the price last year... Looks like they are about $110 cheaper at the moment. Not exactly the same design but not too far off either.