2-1/2 Person Tent

Benjblt

WKR
I recently asked advice for a 1 man tent. Now I'm looking for advice on a roomy two man. Originally I was pretty set on a Anjan 3GT. I love the looks of the vestibule and two guys could be comfortable in it. I'm looking for something that is very close to 5 lbs or less. I'd mostly be using it in September for elk hunting. I really do prefer an enclosed space and not a fan of a tarp set up. For that reason I haven't been looking at Tipis like Kifaru and Seek Outside make. I live in Oregon and bugs will consistently be a problem until November when I would be using it less. I want something that I could make work in late fall though and that's what I think the Anjan could do, but recently I've been looking at the Tarptent options since a lot of guys seem to like them in my last post. They seem to be lighter and have more room (in the tent, I still really like the vestibule of the Anjan 3 GT). The Cloudburst 3 looks like it has a lot of head space and you can get the clip in optional liner and it still comes in at only 66 oz. It doesn't have a vestibule but with the extra room inside maybe that isn't a problem. It isn't free standing but I don't think the Anjan is either. Free standing would be a nice option.

Any other input or suggestions would be appreciated. I have a hunt this year that is late October in the Cascades of Oregon, which is the perfect example of the outer edge of the conditions I wish to push the tent too. It can be nasty that time of year up there but most the time it's not too bad.

Check out Lightheartgear. They are known to be roomy and have a duo tent that people seem to love in the through-hiking world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk