Larger hydration bladders

Haha 9000' is where the cattle start here in Beaver.

I hunt at 11,000 and there are stinkin cattle even up here. Most at 10,000-10,5000 but Ive had scat even at 11,000. One morning I drove up to a meadow, hiked around it and got set up, only to hear the cattle right at day light. It was a waste. Another time I was hiking across a half mile long meadow in the dark, no light, barely a moon, and I jumped a herd of cattle and scared the you know what out of me.

Good news is if the cows are up there ya know its great elk food plots too.. Several times I had to run cows out while setting up a night time area. Elk and cattle up there don't play too well together.

kjack_74

FNG
Haha 9000' is where the cattle start here in Beaver.

I hunt at 11,000 and there are stinkin cattle even up here. Most at 10,000-10,5000 but Ive had scat even at 11,000. One morning I drove up to a meadow, hiked around it and got set up, only to hear the cattle right at day light. It was a waste. Another time I was hiking across a half mile long meadow in the dark, no light, barely a moon, and I jumped a herd of cattle and scared the you know what out of me.

Good news is if the cows are up there ya know its great elk food plots too.. Several times I had to run cows out while setting up a night time area. Elk and cattle up there don't play too well together.
Follow where the cows were a couple weeks ago ... You'll get new grass coming in behind them and low and behold elk coming right onto that new protein dense green grass ... Need to learn to love those cows they mean elk are on their way, plus water developments for livestock mean water for elk.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Madnik

Lil-Rokslider
Several misfortunes with hyrration bladders over the years led me to relying on MSR dromedary lite and Nalgene bottles, with me topping off the Nalgene bottle as necessary throughout the day. I've found that my peace of mind far outweighs any perception of inconvenience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JP100

WKR
bought a 10l MSR not long ago, a great insurance for those camps with no water or long days up high.
Very solid bag compared to the other bladders on the market.

bncrshr77

FNG
I always carry my filtration system, 3L bladder and 2 of the 1 liter platypus roll up water containers with me and fill up as needed throughout the day... If near water during the end of the day I will fill up the extra 2 liters of water before heading back to camp... Last year we actually filled up a 10L msr with water pouring off our tarp during an evening rainstorm... just put a few drops of bleach in it and called it good but most likely didn't need to do that.

Tsnider

WKR
the msr dromedary is a solid choice. im upgrading to the 10L this year for camp water for me or myself and 1 other. fetching water last year wasted too much time an energy.

Tsnider

WKR
oh yeah, and the bigger size in my mind can be left full in the sun all day so you can have a warm rinse off if you want to.