Flip flops in Backcountry

Does anyone use the teva style as does. I've tried the cheapo flip flops but they alway slip off or just get annoying to me. I love crocs but they just don't really compress down and take up a lot of space in my opinion.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone use the teva style as does. I've tried the cheapo flip flops but they alway slip off or just get annoying to me. I love crocs but they just don't really compress down and take up a lot of space in my opinion.
Wiegh some up I would be interested in your findings. My thoughts are they will be at lest twice the wieght

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They may be. Idk. I've never owned a pair. I was just curious if anyone has tried them before I bought a pair just to find out they are to heavy.

Just a quick web search shows the revs sand led around 11.2 ozs. That's just a quick web search though. Not rally diving into it heavy.

Use these all in ones
92fa8cc20d8fd811fba1177eb8842318.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Party in the front all business in the back. About perfect maybe next year

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

After reading this thread I had to go out and get a pair of these Hounds and see for myself. They feel like a feather in my hands.
7fada54eed9c4a8cb3f423b8353e052d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 8-9 size fits me (narrow 10.5-11 normally) for camp usage. Hiking around I would want more room in the toe for foot slide but these are fine for just standing around/taking a piss.

colonel00

WKR
Hmm, I see the sale as well. I've worn Cushe's in the past and they are great and lightweight. My only gripe is they don't just slip on and in the night with sore muscles and joints (old bones mod) they aren't the absolute best. I have crocs that I was going to try but for $12 these are tempting.

pods8, are you wearing them with any socks? I normally fit around your typical size but not narrow. I'd think the 12-13 would be comfy camp shoes with some nice warm socks on. Thoughts?

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
After reading this thread I had to go out and get a pair of these Hounds and see for myself. They feel like a feather in my hands.
7fada54eed9c4a8cb3f423b8353e052d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are they to put on and take off? I like how crocs have the open back for quick on and off. Especially in the middle of the night to slip out and take a leak.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I put them on with a regular sock, I should have room for a hiking sock. If I have a thick winter sock on I would likely want my down booties anyways. They pull on fine but I grab the back and not just step into them.

efnm

WKR
I'll give em a try for $12 total. I got the size 12-13 for my 12/12.5 feet.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the 12/13 for my size 12 feet and they are loose barefoot but would be fine for walking about camp. It seems like theres plenty of room to wear with hiking socks. Agreed that you have to grab the back when you put them on vs just slipping your foot in but it's easy enough.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I'm Not a huge Croc fan but used these last weekend and like them 12/13 fits my 12 wide foot nice for a camp shoe !

MIKEYB

WKR
Picked up the hounds also, Wearing them around the house and outside with socks. I like them better than the crocs that I have.

The crocs I have are flat bottomed and I always seem to twist my ankle. The hounds are a little more flexible and rounded. They also seem lighter although I have not weighed them.

Good price shipped, they will light up your inbox though!