Flip flops in Backcountry

Shraggs

WKR
I didn't like the way my crocs packed, a little bulky. I found these at cabelas - cushe at 10 oz a pair vs 14 oz for my crocs. Both size 11. I think they were around $40.

The other option I have toyed with is my hodgeman neoprene 2mm socks. Pretty warm and weather resistant, with tiny perforations for some breath ability. Around 5 oz pair.

Pics when get home!

MtnMuley

WKR
I run the Cushe shoes also. They are great, but a pain to get on compared to several other options. After a long day hiking, I don't like any extra effort putting on my camp shoes.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I bring a pair of keen sandals for camp shoes. They are a bit heavier than Crocs but I like the added stability and security for creek crossings and wading around alpine lakes to fly fish.

But I fish too much on every hunting trip because it physically hurts me to walk by a body of water and not know what's in it.

CJF

WKR
Step 1: Go get a pedicure.
Step 2: Pick out a nice natural manly color to get your toenails painted.
Step 3: Let them put the flimsy lightweight next to nothing flip flops on your feet so you don't mess up the polish before it dries.
Step 4: Post a picture of your pedicure to Rokslide
Step 5: Take those flimsy lightweight next to nothing flip flops hunting (they can't weigh more than 1.73 ounces)
Step 6: Let us know if it works out

MattB

WKR
I strap crocs to the outside of my pack, so it doesn't matter to me how they pack.

Markdjr

FNG
Bedrock sandals are a popular lightweight option, mine have been very comfortable.

Here’s another lightweight option. Less than $10 at Walmart and made in the USA.
bdedbed3cd48841ef259d8fa994a9e52.jpg

758c9b0c93c4a615555146df3eb567d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
A couple days before we left for CO 2nd rifle I swung into a Family Dollar Store and bought the last two pair of what I now affectionately call "docs" for $5/pair. Croc knock offs, they were absolutely clutch around camp.

Dolla Sto Crocs = Docs

rbljack

WKR
based on all the recommendations in here, I bought a set of crocs today. I have the ones with the plastic strap that rotates to the front or rear of the shoe, and they are size 10. Just weighed them in at 13 ounces. If I find a pair of dawgs, I may try them because I hear they are lighter, but for now, I have a camp shoe for my next outing. I tried on multiple pairs. I didn't like the ones with the adjustable velcr strap as much. Although it did allow me to snug them up a bit more, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't slip into them while standing up. Small gripe for sure, but thought I should mention it for anyone considering a camp shoe.

I can see why so many people like them. Im wearing them right now with a pair of socks, and they are pretty comfortable. Sitting around camp by the fire, it will be nice to get the boots off and let the feet air out some.

ohoopee

WKR
I love crocs. I picked up a pair of the "lite ride" model for a trip 6 mo's ago because I left mine at home.
The new model has a much softer bed. They weigh 20 oz.

kipper09

WKR
a7b5aceca57d41c2e6b30b64a955846d.jpg
6163cf8a3e6daed9036252895e24e8e5.jpg

I went with these crocs. Figured they would maybe fit the bill and also be strapped on to cross water if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
I have been running the Hound Dawgs for a couple years now after reading this thread way back. I like them. My first pair I wore a bunch around home plus in the boat and on sandbars fishing the river, wore the sole a little thin. Walking on my gravel driveway started to hurt so I got another pair for that, plus a pair a size to big for camp shoes. I like how easy the bigger ones are to get on over my full cushion Darn Tough socks being sized up, and how much air gets around my feet. My socks dry really fast while I'm wearing them. I'm more likely to pull my boots off and let my feet dry with these along on a long glassing session too if the conditions allow it.