Noodles tent light

reaper

WKR
I bought this from Amazon for 20$ cad.Most of us always bring some kind of battery pack,i have a 8000 mAh monoprice storage battery,work great and i wanted to add some more utility from it not only for my phone.Since my Lucy Lantern melted on my tipi pole last winter yeah...really melted because the stove was hot like crazy and it was really cold outside,i was looking for a small and lightweight lighting source...in cold weather my micron primus lantern is so bad,the gas canisters doesnt like cold and i dont get enough light from it.
Few pictures of the noodle lights:
fcadbdb6e60c72aed67ab2d7e551237a.jpg
efc1ea97e42509e7c4dfdfcd4d747270.jpg
2d5a561a5ba414c85fc83fe89ff681f1.jpg
5a2e2a27da0d7dc9450e290d1cd34715.jpg

I think this thing will be nice in my tipi around the pole or all around the tipi using the inside loops.
Next,i will put them to serious testing in cold weather like every single piece of my gear.Ill see how many hours i get from it with the 8000mAh.

Steve

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

I also picked up some led string lights last year for camping. They are ultra light weight and run off two 2032 batteries. I just ordered another 2 pack a couple weeks ago. They're less than ten bucks in Amazon.

Clarktar

WKR
Cimarron dosen't have liners..its my 4 man tipi 😉

Yep, I didn't think they did, hence my question as I would have bought a liner as soon as you confirmed it was a cimmaron.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Big Agnes sells these in just lights called the Mountain Glow. I own a set. Can get them at REI yours are definitely more cost effective. I love taking them with me for Light in the Tipi.

colonel00

WKR
I have the Luminoodles as well. I participated in both of their Kickstarter campaigns. The second one that just shipped out is even cooler as it does different colors, can be dimmed and even has a remote. Now, it's not something I'd probably pack in with me but for more of a base camp scenario, it is very handy. The biggest thing I didn't like about the version that you have is it doesn't have a switch of any kind. So, you can't turn it off while laying in your bag. You have to unplug it to turn it off. This also makes it a bit tricky to turn back on in the dark.

OP
reaper

reaper

WKR
Agree with that colonel00,no switch wake it harder in the dark.It was a test to find a lighting solution,i am very happy how much light it give but not as long i was wishing with my battery pack.I will look for the one you are talking about.It is very lightweight,i will backpack with it for sure.

OP
reaper

reaper

WKR
Big Agnes sells these in just lights called the Mountain Glow. I own a set. Can get them at REI yours are definitely more cost effective. I love taking them with me for Light in the Tipi.

do you have a picture to see how much light they give??How long it last with 3 AAA batts??

bhylton

WKR
these look like they would be great for field dressing and game processing if you have to do it in the dark. carry it in your pack and hang it in a tree above you or something

colonel... is there a link to the new ones you mentioned?
My search on amazon produced only what is already out and seen on this thread?
Thx sir

OP
reaper

reaper

WKR

After testing it with my Dark Energy Poseidon,i ordered the Mountain Glow...i know it work about 3hours(7pmto10pm) and it only lost 25%,i let it there and this morning at 7am the lights were off and the poseidon was flashing red(less than 10%)Sure i will not use the lights more than 2-3hours in the tipi but if you forget them it will drain the poseidon and youll not be able to charge anything.I was sure the Dark energy charger was up for the task.I prefer to use 3x AAA batteries and have 24h of lights for sure without using a charger.These noodle lights will be in the back of my TV in the living room LOL!!

dotman

WKR
Reviews on that mountain glo aren't the best I don't think, most say it is truly just a glow. I'm thinking about trying the new luci outdoors 2.0 and just leave it on the ground.