Suggestions for lightweight rifle scope with milrad?

Nalgene

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to top a Kimber 6.5 Creedmore with glass. I really would like mil reticle. I do not need knobs and 10x or less max is fine. Fixed power is fine. What do you folks recommend? Cost is not an issue.

Last edited:

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
I plan to put a Zeiss HT 2,5-10x50 on a Montana .30-06. That HT weigh about 525grams, so not too bad given the performance. 1mrad click. Beeing 10x you can get along without the parallax adjustment. It is superb in failing light - unbelieveable if you're used to Leupold etc.

IOR 2.5-10x44 is FFP so the reticle can be utilized at any magnification without doing math. Only weighs 18 oz. That's what I'm putting on my next rifle this year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You might take a look at the Leupold custom option. I think you can get a TMR reticle in a fairly light package (12-18oz). Depending on how light is considered light, SWFA has a 3-9x FFP with mil reticle that weights 19oz I think... and it's decently priced too.

Last edited:

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
The Leupold FX scopes are very light and as suggested above you could have Leupold Custom shop install the reticle of choice. I have two of the FX scopes on light rifles and they perform well. I have 3x9 versions.

jherald

WKR
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10X32 is a nice little scope and comes in MilRad. I owned 2 of them at one time now just have the one but the one I kept has a reticle in MOA and MOA turrets. It's for work purposes and has seen some rough transport and is right on all the time. They are about 18 or 19 ounces but what you get for glass in a scope that compact is pretty impressive.

Leupold Custom Shop is another route too. I've found Leupold much easier to work with than Nightforce as far as warranty work or having a scope worked on otherwise.

Last edited: