Organizing Your Pack

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
My kill kit goes in a 1 gal zip lock, a few loose items in a 1 qt zip lock, food by day in a 1 gal zip lock. . the rest is just tossed and stuffed in the pack.

Mosby

WKR
I have absolutely no patience and having crap everywhere in my pack drives me nuts, particularly if I can't find something. I am buying small Granite Gear sacks coupled with freezer bags to try to get my stuff better organized for this year. I always use spring bear season to experiment with new gear or ideas, so we will see if it works or another waste of money. It does add weight though.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I spend to much time trying to find stuff and fiddling with gear if I dont keep it organized. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Og7qcfU.jpg

7AWhBO8.jpg

Now I just pack all my stuff into seperate XL Kifaru Pullouts.

47x3vF3.jpg

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
This!
it's nice to have an organized pack, with different dry bags to keep each item where you can access it.

Personally this is what i do:

Emergency kit: In an orange bag, includes first aid, fire starter, tp, water filter (always stays in pack).

Kill kit: In kifaru ul pullout, game bags, tags, knife, blades, load cell, a little baler twine.

Sleep system: Pump sack dry bag, that has sleeping bag, pad, tyvek, and tent. Stays at camp

extra clothes: Large kifaru pullout, all my extra clothing, socks, gloves, etc.

Food: In another kifaru ul, when for multiple days all the food comes in my sg load cell, then each night at camp i move a days ration over to the pullout.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
There's no right or wrong answer. All depends on how you do what you do. A pitcher of beer takes up less space than a 6 pack of bottles.