Rapid Pure water filter opinions?

Has anybody else tried this (or its bigger brothers):
Nano Technology UltraCeram Hydration Pack Water Filter-Gofastandlight.com
I have had one for 2+ years, don't use it a lot, but do like it. It's a bit larger than a D cell battery. I carry it mostly as a backup, but did have it on a 5 day hunt the first fall I had it (2014). Not sure if it's freeze-proof or not.
Seems like a good product, but no marketing presence.
I did have an issue that they should have used a slightly thicker o-ring to seal the case. I found mine leaked. A trip to the hardware store and $0.40 fixed that. It's a bit slow as a gravity filter setup, but maybe the larger ones would be better.

It also makes my tap water taste better.

I've only seen one mention of this filter on this forum, just wondering if others use them and what they think.

Last edited:
OP
A
Last edited:

Tsnider

WKR
there arent really any real reviews that dont seem planted/self promoting on a lot of the websites. whats unclear to me is if you can back flush it? some of what i read was that it clogged rather quickly for some people, and then its useless vs a sawyer that can be back flushed.

Tsnider

WKR
got the filter, next weekend im going shed hunting and then at the end of the month going to do a back country turkey hunt. ill have a decent opinion on the filter for anyone interested. with all the snow melt and stuff right now ill sacrifice the 20$ replaceable filter to see how it does. seems to work quick just using tap water. im sure for colorado september it will do great, as almost all the water is running clear unless its fresh rainfall. i do really like how fast it works. i will be using it with a 10L water bladder, and filtering at camp as i need it.

Tsnider

WKR
got the use my Scout last weekend. I was impressed how fast the water was flowing. It wasnt super dirty water, but still the filter is really fast.
I ended up drinking some whiskey and left the filter and bladder hanging all night. it wasnt completely frozen solid, still flowing in by the filter a bit but the surrounding area was ice. emailed rapidpure and was told 1 freeze is nothing to worry about.

Scrappy

WKR
Came across the rapid pure filter on another site, but not much info. Anyone have any more experience with this filter?