Scopes: Lightweight, Ultralight, or "Stupid Light"

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. After researching the HS stock, it would certainly be a nice upgrade but it wouldn't really save any weight.

howl

WKR
Way back when I had a 4x on my only Eastern woods rifle. My opinion is the FOV is too narrow. It was rarely an issue but boy when it was it was.

I can do targets at 300 with a 4x but animals are harder to see. Cranking to 7x will be appreciated. Reliability of the variable is not an issue in my experience. Mounts maybe.

Aviator

WKR
I’ve had really good luck with the Vortex hd lh scopes on my lightweight rifles.

kinz584

FNG
I just picked up a fierce CT edge 300 win mag and worrying about the recoil messing up thee scope I throw on it.

Jrkotz

Lil-Rokslider
For a completely weight focused build - I go with the Leupold VX-2 CDS Ultralight 3-9x33 if memory serves me correctly it's about 9 oz. You may need to search the pre-owned/reseller marked to find one of these.

Next would be the Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS, weighing 13 oz

Stepping up in optics and weight I like the Swarovski Z series. Z3 4-12x50 BT weighs 14.5 oz

All of the models I mentioned have a quick adjust turret, but you can get them all without. I've been happy with all three on hunting setups to 500 yards. Good luck! Keep us posted on what you decide.