Cuben fiber or Silpoly?

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Doumid in Cuben and a Bearpaw Luna 4 in Cuben. And a ULA pack in Cuben. Did you have a worry about a stove? The Luna 4 I run a little woodstove in, no problem. I think the bear paw dude wouldn't make me a liner for the Luna UNLESS it was Cuben because silnylon was not fire resistant enough.

The Cuben is loud. Yup. That is true. In snow, you won't notice. In rain...yeah it's loud. Even my Cuben pack was really loud to use, very stiff, but eventually it softened up and quieted up.

OP
danmayland
I've got a Doumid in Cuben and a Bearpaw Luna 4 in Cuben. And a ULA pack in Cuben. Did you have a worry about a stove? The Luna 4 I run a little woodstove in, no problem. I think the bear paw dude wouldn't make me a liner for the Luna UNLESS it was Cuben because silnylon was not fire resistant enough.

The Cuben is loud. Yup. That is true. In snow, you won't notice. In rain...yeah it's loud. Even my Cuben pack was really loud to use, very stiff, but eventually it softened up and quieted up.

I'm worried the Duomid might not be long enough for my tall body!!! You thinna guy 6'6 could sleep in a new duomid. My understanding is the more recent models are a few inches longer than the original!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinger

WKR
I'm 6'1" and have an older Duomid....I would like it to be a bit longer. I fit but it is real easy to touch on either end if I move around too much.