Tyto question

robtattoo

WKR
Do these knives take standard #60, 60A or 60XT blades?

I'm really wanting to know if I can use the thicker 60A blades....

When I tried the thicker blades, they did not fit very well. Did not seem very secure. You would have to remove a bit of aluminum on the tyto in order for it to fit on all the way. The normal blades fit fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
The 60A blades fit on my Tyto just fine. I'm surprised to hear they are tight fit for someone else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cowboy300

WKR
When I tried the thicker blades, they did not fit very well. Did not seem very secure. You would have to remove a bit of aluminum on the tyto in order for it to fit on all the way. The normal blades fit fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same experience with 60A blades on a Havalon recently. I wonder if there was shipment of undersized 60A blade slots

twall13

WKR
Thought I'd follow up on this with a photo.
7237ccabe4512deb6759b260982d98bb.jpg

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Thanks for the help folks. I received the knife yesterday, hoping that y'all were right & yep, the thick 60A blades fit perfectly! I'm very impressed with the system so far. Build quality is very nice & I'm thinking that although it may never be my primary knife (hey, I used to make knives for a living & I'm kinda stuck in my ways...) but it will certainly be my go to for the times that ounces really do count.
I've done a little meat cutting in the kitchen with it & it feels waaay better in my hand than the Havalon. Just better proportions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I like the way it feels in my hand much better than my old havalon as well. I also feel like it's a bit easier/safer to change the blades since I can push the blade off the lock from the top edge rather than the sharp edge of the blade. At this point I haven't used it on anything more than some trout but I feel like it will be much easier to clean as well. So far I'm really liking it for my kill kit.