Meat bag options- kifaru or jimmy

work765

WKR
I would like to get a bag that I can run inbetween my bag and frame to put meat in and not worry too much about blood getting all over the place. So something that is water resistant ideally. I don't think I need a dry sack.

This will be for mule deer - boned out.

Is there any pros or cons to either of these two brands? Kifaru or jimmy?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

work765

WKR
And if jimmy's is recommended; what size/dimensions are you guys using for deer?

I don't have any experience with the Jimmy's, but the Kifaru bags work ok as long as you seam seal it. If you don't it will leak out of the seams.
If you are going this route is there any particular reason you are not just using a trash bag?

Just use a grab-it w/ lash kit and a trash bag (if you want to keep blood off stuff, but keep in mind the meat needs to stay cool).

OP
W

work765

WKR
Thanks guys! I like that large bag from amazon. For $8 bucks seems like a decent deal. But also, I see no reason I couldn't just use a heavy duty trash bag I never thought about that.

muddydogs

WKR
Thanks guys! I like that large bag from amazon. For $8 bucks seems like a decent deal. But also, I see no reason I couldn't just use a heavy duty trash bag I never thought about that.

One thing nice about a trash bag is a few cuts with a knife and you have an emergency tarp, ground cloth or rain poncho.

oenanthe

WKR
My last couple of trips with my Stone Glacier meat bag, I lined it with a trash compactor bag. These are made of really tough plastic and are a good size to fit the meat bag. The tricky thing nowadays is finding trash compactor bags that are unscented. But I recently found them at Home Depot, and at what I thought was a pretty fair price compared to what the good contractor bags cost.

Seaker574

FNG
I recently bought the jimmy meat bag with the clips for hanging in/off a Kifaru pack. From eBay. The material ripped the first time I used the thing with maybe 30 pounds of meat in it. They claimed it would hold 80. Back to pillow cases and trash bags for me! Waste of $.

Stid2677

WKR
I use 55 liter Outdoor research roll top dry bags,, they serve to keep stuff dry and to keep wet meat from leaking on anything.

I light cheap way is to use woven poly feed bags with a compactor bag as a liner.