What does you pack/tent/bag/pad weigh?

as.ks.ak

WKR
Pack: Barney's freighter frame with Yukon Pack bag - 8.56 lbs

Tent(s) single man:

Hilleberg Anjan 2 (3 season) - 3.75 lbs

Kifaru super tarp w/ annex (floorless/summer) - 2.61 lbs

Bag: actually a quilt from EE, the revelation (will never go back to a traditional bag) - 1.52 lbs

Pad: Thermarest Neoair X-therm - 15.75 oz

Thermarest z rest - 14.40 oz.

I always use the z rest under my inflatable to help protect it and insulate me that much more...it doubles as my glassing pad of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ll try to closely match, as much as possible, my gear to yours.

Stone glacier X-Curve frame and Solo (3300) bag= 69 oz.
10° Enlightened Equipment Enigma down quilt= 20 oz.
Short X-Therm Lite pad = 8 oz.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear CF pillow= 1.5 oz.
Mountain Laurel Designs cuben fiber SoloMid, with stakes guidelines and pole extenders = 17 oz.
Total weight, in a cuben fiber dry bag, equals approx. 116 oz. or 7.25 lbs.
I currently run a 14 oz. 30° enlightened equipment quilt that shaves an additional 6 oz. off my total weight and supplement clothing while I sleep. So my current set up is right at 110 oz. using the 3300ci Solo bag.
150a9b322f907c0383112630e7d1b1b8.jpg

i have been looking at this shelter...i am 5'8'' looks like lots of room for one with all gear inside, pack, boots, weapon, bow or rifle... have you used the solo inner with this ? think this is on my list for my next shelter option. how bad is the condinsation? would like a lighter option besides a tarp/bivy. thanks.

I’m also 5’8” and I have plenty of room. I have a CF Innernet but I’ve never used it. Bugs have never been an issue and the UL wt. bivy’s that I use in combination with my mids are several ounces lighter than the Innernet. I also have never had too big of an issue with condensation but I always pitch it a couple inches off the ground to get good air flow.

Owenst7

WKR
Pack - Osprey Aether 85L - 77 ounces
Tent - Mountainsmith MS - 32 ounces
Bag - WM Antelope GWS - 47 ounces
Pad - TAR XTherm Reg - 15 ounces
TOTAL - 171 ounces / 10.7 lbs

I drop the XTherm and 2 man tarp for early season and above freezing. This setup covers me to a little below 0F. If it's above ~40F lows, I'll drop the bag for a 14 oz. quilt too. I'd like to get a smaller tarp for solo trips. I really don't need space for 3 people when I'm solo. That's probably the easiest way for me to get under 10 lbs, since I can sew it myself. I'm shopping for a good deal on a ~20F quilt for next season also. That should drop me down another pound or so.

Last edited:
Pack - Osprey Aether 85L - 77 ounces
Tent - Mountainsmith MS - 32 ounces
Bag - WM Antelope GWS - 47 ounces
Pad - TAR XTherm Reg - 15 ounces
TOTAL - 171 ounces / 10.7 lbs

I drop the XTherm and 2 man tarp for early season and above freezing. This setup covers me to a little below 0F. If it's above ~40F lows, I'll drop the bag for a 14 oz. quilt too. I'd like to get a smaller tarp for solo trips. I really don't need space for 3 people when I'm solo. That's probably the easiest way for me to get under 10 lbs, since I can sew it myself. I'm shopping for a good deal on a ~20F quilt for next season also. That should drop me down another pound or so.

I’m just curious what Mountainsmith 2 person tent weighs 32 oz. and is that all inclusive/how you carry it into the field (stakes, stuff sacks, etc.)? I’m not at all familiar with Mountainsmith tents. Thanks,
Greg

Owenst7

WKR
I’m just curious what Mountainsmith 2 person tent weighs 32 oz. and is that all inclusive/how you carry it into the field (stakes, stuff sacks, etc.)? I’m not at all familiar with Mountainsmith tents. Thanks,
Greg

The Mountain Shelter. I swapped the guylines to 2mm Lawson Glowire and swapped some of the stakes for short MSR stakes. That's my weight including the stuff sack. I could drop a couple more ounces if I carried less guyline, but I use it occasionally to pitch it freestanding when I cram 3 people in there.

Last edited:

Owenst7

WKR
I just looked it up. That’s a sweet little setup and very reasonably priced.

Yeah, I found out about it from here and gave it a shot. It's more than enough space for my girlfriend and I plus our backpacks. I spent about a week in it with two other guys on an elk/mulie wilderness hunt. I'm thinking about adding a stove jack for next winter.

bushman

FNG
I found this one on cabelas but its 3/1/2 lbs not a bad price though UDAP Bear Electric Fence : Cabela's
I can't remember the volts that each one puts out but I can tell you from personal experience with both of them, that you can hold on to the one Cabelas sells and barely feel the charge running through it, where as the Eagle Enterprises one will practically curl your hair. I have tested both of them out, while wearing rubber soled boots, and touching the one that I have will make you never want to touch it again. It might not make a difference to a bear because, from what I understand, they can sense a charge running through the line and won't touch it. I just personally feel more comfortable knowing that if they do touch it, they're going to get lit up like nothing they've ever experienced before.