SlingFin Tents - Same as Stone Glacier Skyscraper 2P; three versions, one lighter

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Came across the site that sells SlingFin tents and where you can buy lighter weight versions (and apparently slightly cheaper) of the Stone Glacier Sky Scraper2P tent.

Here is the "original" tent, in three options: CrossBow 2 by SlingFin – Garage Grown Gear

Looks like a good three season option ("Fastpak" layout) clocking in at 3 lbs. 5 oz. Nice to see a few different options/prices/features.

chindits

WKR
Are 3.5 lb tents considered light these days?? I’ve been using a tarp tent for so long I have kind of lost track. I just assumed that technology and competition would have resulted in lighter tents

OP
THBZN

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Are 3.5 lb tents considered light these days?? I’ve been using a tarp tent for so long I have kind of lost track. I just assumed that technology and competition would have resulted in lighter tents

That is a good point. I also use a tarp tent setup, so when the weight creeps past 2 pounds, I start to balk a bit at these "total trail weight" numbers for a shelter.

Also, does anyone know where SG is having these tents built?