15.5 oz .22

Camomutt

FNG
Does anyone have experience with the .22 pack-rifle? Its 15.5 oz and looks like it would be handy for grouse on 1-3 day trips. Thoughts?

OP
C

Camomutt

FNG
Thats right BRobertson. If you own a handgun it can only be at your house or at the range or transporting in between those points. And you have to let the cops know when your taking it to the range.

KBC

WKR
And you have to let the cops know when your taking it to the range.
That's not true, you just need the correct permit and you can take it to the range whenever you want.
Cool looking rifle though

mcseal2

WKR
Are you talking about the Ruta Locura pack rifle? I have one if so I can tell a little about.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a 10/22 takedown with a carbon volquartsen barrel but now I need this. Fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2, the brand is 'pack-rifle', packrifle.com

Pretty cool looking gun,
especially for folks that are limited by the types of weapons that are permitted for hunting. Would make a good ptarmigan getter.
Although a sling shot works good for that!!

akspudus

FNG
I have one. It’s nice and light. It is picky about ammo when it comes to accuracy.....but it shoots blazer pretty straight. The trigger is pretty crude, but it gets the job done. It’s a single shot rifle so you have to make every shot count.
I carry this little rifle with a box of blazer pretty much everywhere. It lives in my pack...and I hardly ever notice it. I took it to Adak and killed a bunch of ptarmigan with it. I’ve taken hooters around Southeast, AK with it.
I like it.

Todd

OP
C

Camomutt

FNG
Todd, that's exactly what I was looking for. I used a slingshor on my sheep hunt, and 4 out of 4 grouse got away.

Todd, that's exactly what I was looking for. I used a slingshor on my sheep hunt, and 4 out of 4 grouse got away.

I killed a lot of ptarmigan and quite a few grouse( spruce hens) in my well spent youth with a wrist rocket and marbles!! maybe it was the
marbles that did the trick!!??

Bob

sbsyncro

FNG
Apparently it also converts to a fishing rod! Haha. It’s almost worth it just for that!

2350b91a5935401da904296ce8037a65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk