Battery packs

Beendare

WKR

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on Anker chargers. They work great and have never failed on me. Their rechargeable flashlights are a great buy as well.

Zendure A5 - 16,750 mAh. Main reason I went with it was discharge efficiency. Some units transfer more of their original charge than others, and some don't fare quite as well. I don't recall there being a huge discrepancy but I do recall the Zendure rated well here. Anyway, good unit and built like a brick.

Tag_Soup

WKR
The 10,000 mAh Anker will keep my Mobil phone (phone scope, gps use and evening phone call home from the ridge) going for a week easily. I would bet I could get 2 weeks out of it but have never pushed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have experience with the ravpower

RAVPower 12000mAh External Battery/ Portable Charger/Power Bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer your question:
Yes I have 3 of the Rav power banks. These are solid so far going on year 4 with 2 of them now. The other (Larger) is on its first real season, but used it 3 tiles already and it doing just as well as the others.

These have itel- ports which recognize the device and regulate out put, which is not only good for the device being charged, but good for the individual cell counts within this pack. Keeps the discharge rate moderate which helps ensure ability to properly recharge next cycle.

You will be happy with Rav Power packs.

TheCougar

WKR
Never tried Rav power, but I have had really good success with the Ankers. Dark energy is supposed to be really good as well, but they are pricey. P

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Have not used the others much, but have used the Dark Energy Poseidon for two years. I get four full
charges on an IPhone off it. I broke or had about half a dozen external batteries fail in a year or so, and went with the Poseidon due to the supposed durability.

It had been a great device.

I've used an Anker 20100maH and 10000maH for the past couple years and they've been great. I'm 100% satisfied with their products.

Any recommendations on the best power to wt. ratio? I have a smaller one, I think it's around 5500maH that weighs 5 oz. with an iPhone cord. I've had it for several years now and it's worked very well, but I'm just wondering if there are better/lighter options.

cfdjay

WKR
I've been using one of these Anker units for the last few years....bulletproof.
Amazon.com: Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More: Cell Phones & Accessories

I prefer 2 small over one of the big ones...I've seen one of the bigger units fail...probably due to being dropped

Hey guys.. just so happen I found this thread and looked these up. It's Amazon Prime Day and these things are $19. I think $30 reg.

I went with the Anker 13000. Same price as the 10000, but an extra charge and dual ports for a 1.5 oz weight penalty. I was leaning towards the smaller one as right now I only plan to charge my phone, but if I add an Inreach or rechargeable headlamp the extra port will be nice.

The only thing I don’t like about it so far is the way it feels in your hand. It may seem trivial and it doesn’t really matter, but in the photos it looks like it has a rubberized coating. In reality it feels like $0.99 spray paint, it’s hard and sticky.

Have not used the others much, but have used the Dark Energy Poseidon for two years. I get four full
charges on an IPhone off it. I broke or had about half a dozen external batteries fail in a year or so, and went with the Poseidon due to the supposed durability.

I'm not sure I'm getting that many charges out of mine. Do you use the faster or slower charge option each time (I think one port is 1.0 and the other is 2.0)? Do you think it matters?

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
I just got an Anker 13000. It seemed like the right combination of weight and power. It will get its first good use on a 5 day trip next week.

I carry a couple Dark Energy. I've tried to break mine. Even threw it off a cliff into a boulder field. Still works like new!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a couple Dark Energy. I've tried to break mine. Even threw it off a cliff into a boulder field. Still works like new!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is a joke right?? didn't like it so throw it off a cliff??

Made me laugh anyways. Back on topic tho, I've had great success with the Anker packs, although never boulder field tested them but they work for how I treat them.