Mountain Hardwear Ghost UL 3

EastMT

WKR
So I missed the deal of a lifetime, a Hilleberg Nallo 2 for $360. So now I’m shopping for a different tent, don’t want to blow $1000.

Has anyone used the 3lb MH Ghost UL3?

I’m not interested in tipis or stoves, single wall tents. Any input about a 3lb tent, that’s 55” plus wide would be considered

Thanks for your help.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like their version of a Fly Creek. Tarp Tent makes some with your specs, CS 3 is a little over 3lbs for their 3 person, but sturdier than the Fly Creek or Ghost would be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I run it and a tut. Early season or mainly me, I run MH. Later and or two people, I run tut and stove

North61

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one on close out. Good tent..roomy for two. Cramped for 3, like most 3 man tents. Material seems good, set up is easy. Haven't had it in a big rain yet.

I have one and it’s great if by yourself or one other person, although I really don’t know how you’d fit a third person in there comfortably. Has held up in decent rain, never really tried it in high winds or heavy rain. I quite like the vestibule size as well.

OP
EastMT

EastMT

WKR
I ended up buying one and using it for the goat hunt. It was amazing for condensation, ventilation was great. We had 50+ MPH gusts and sustained of 25-30 for 5 days. Nothing broke but was really wishing I had a hilleberg. We had one crazy downdraft that flattened the center pole into our faces, thought it broke. It sprung right back up luckily.

My only complaint is that there is no sleeve or Velcro loop for the center pole, bad side winds then deform the the sides too much. Great tent for less than a hurricane. I now have an Anjan 3

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.