Lightweight Gear List

OP
E

edwardshc

FNG
OK - here are some pics of my SG Krux. The sewing is pretty rough, but it looks OK from 10 feet away. :)

Feel free to fire away with questions; and apologies for the thread hijack!

Oenanthe - I'm in love with your pack. Thanks for posting the pictures.

OP
E

edwardshc

FNG
Lighter Pack is a fantastic tool, thanks a lot for that tip.

https://lighterpack.com/r/20tskn
A neat idea I tried out with success last year was using a steel water bottle to boil water in. It is a nice bottle to use for water, and I can omit a cooking pot.

ixia - there are some pretty cool titanium bottles or bottle/pots "Bots" available if you want to spend more $$ to save a few ounces!

Titanium BOT - Bottle Pot | Innovative Bottle and Pot Combo | 1 Liter Water Bottle and Cooking Pot - Vargo Titanium
Titanium Water Bottle with Ti Lid | Drink With Confidence | 100% Titanium Water Bottle - Vargo Titanium

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 2.35.23 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 2.35.33 PM.jpg

ixia

FNG

As much as I would love to cut more weight, I don't think I'll ever be without a capCAP lid again. It is so convenient that I'll pay the few oz in weight for the nalgene. Thanks for the tip though, I certainly clicked those links with some madness in my eyes.

Overall, a great list.

A lightweight foil windscreen may actually save you weight in your cook set because you will use less fuel. Those ultralight stoves are highly effected by wind.

Suggest earplugs to protect your hearing.

Suggest bear spray for Montana backcountry

Suggest no more than 6 rounds of ammunition. (It's heavy, and if you can't hit and kill an animal with 6 rounds, you may want to reconsider the shots you're taking.)

A Granite Peak tripod is sufficient for a lightweight spotter. Half the weight of the Sirui.

Suggest several bic lighters. Don't weigh much, and it sucks to not have a way to make fire.

Montana requires hunter orange for your hat and on your torso.

Don't know if your Leki poles have a compatible handle, but if they do, the Aergon Photo Adapter is a nearly weightless accessory that makes mounting your binos on your trekking pole for stability very quick and easy. Binos on the Leki pole, and spotter on a lightweight tripod is my go-to spotting set up.

Suggest a pole jack for the Duomid.

I am jealous of your Garmin Mini inReach. I have the regular model. Can't justify the cost of the mini upgrade.

Suggest a couple of lens wipes for your optics

Suggest a muzzle condom for your rifle

Suggest lightweight exam gloves in your kill kit.
Montana hunter here: I have never heard of a hunter orange hat requirement. Probably have only seen a few hunters even have one in my years.