Garmin mini came today

Brianb3

WKR
I sold my inreach to purchase the mini.

I gotta say I’m super impressed on the weight. Incredibly small....pictures don’t do it justice you gotta just put one in your hands.

All season last year I’d throw the inreach in my pack n wouldn’t use any features on the inreach because I only used the app on my iPhone and it worked great.

Pretty impressed IF it works as great as the bigger model with 1/2 the weight.

Thanks SS Archery.

9ec1b194b7fa701dba373842f228f668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man that picture makes me want to change models myself. Keep us posted on after using it for awhile

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jjolg

FNG
Hows the two messaging delay with inreach now? I had a unit when they first came out, just bluetooth through mobile no screen or anything and found i wouldn't always get the reply or sometimes took up to 45 minutes. Do these newer units send and receive quicker?

OP
B

Brianb3

WKR
Hows the two messaging delay with inreach now? I had a unit when they first came out, just bluetooth through mobile no screen or anything and found i wouldn't always get the reply or sometimes took up to 45 minutes. Do these newer units send and receive quicker?

My inreach in the FChurch was kinda quirky. Slow. But life saver as we had the fire managers cell and she gave us permission to exit on a closed trail because the trail we rode in on was washed out and unsafe.

The delay was maybe 30sec and you needed to refresh periodically. Was never a major issue.

Battery life was great. Better then my iPhone

I’d never leave home WO it.

This one. Unlike the larger one. Will communicate with other garmin devices. Have yet to try it

OP
B

Brianb3

WKR
S & S Archery. I could be wrong but Black Ovis May have em too.

My inreach in the FChurch was kinda quirky. Slow. But life saver as we had the fire managers cell and she gave us permission to exit on a closed trail because the trail we rode in on was washed out and unsafe.

The delay was maybe 30sec and you needed to refresh periodically. Was never a major issue.

Battery life was great. Better then my iPhone

I’d never leave home WO it.

This one. Unlike the larger one. Will communicate with other garmin devices. Have yet to try it

Can you expand on the communication with other devices?

dotman

WKR
Can you expand on the communication with other devices?

It works with certain Garmin watches and maybe even gps models, look at the Garmin page and you can look at compatible devices.

“Send and receive inReach messages through compatible Garmin devices, including connected wearables and handhelds”

Trial153

WKR
I just bought the regular model and replaced my delorme. I like the extra battrry the double battery and the usable screen to double as gps if my phone fails. The extra battery and redundancy is worth the 4oz to me..

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
That thing is tiny......How do you text? Is it an on screen keyboard...or buttons?

when you send a text does it show your GPS coordinates to the recipient?

robie

WKR
That thing is tiny......How do you text? Is it an on screen keyboard...or buttons?

when you send a text does it show your GPS coordinates to the recipient?

You use your phone to text.

You can turn the gps coordinates on or off. up to you.

robie

WKR

I'm curious did you adjust the setting on time to refresh messages? It has a setting where you tell it to continuously look for messages or once an hour and anywhere in between.

Obviously the more it tries to get/send messages the more battery it uses.

jjolg

FNG
Mine was controlled via settings in the mobile app. When i was on the phone with tech support they had me try to adjust the tracking time setting? Maybe those two are linked. On the new models is that time retrieval built directly into the device? Seems more like what im after