WY Moose Down!!!

R

rebecca francis

My son Landon shot this great WY bull last night with a TRADITIONAL, HANDMADE muzzleloader at 80 yards!!!

8080039519_a946a73297_z.jpg

8080035414_84c01bedcc_z.jpg

8080041859_1833b1d585_z.jpg

2rocky

WKR
I call BS!

There is no way you are old enough to have a son old enough to hunt.

Congrats on a great moose with a MZ, Landon. You have every right to be proud Rebecca! You raised him right!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This is great! A homemade muzzleloader, a great moose, and Rebecca for a guide. Love the heaviness of the bull. When things slow down, please get us a story! Very good shot. 80 yards is not close for a muzzleloader.

OP
R

rebecca francis

Congrats Landon! That is very awesome.....especially with a traditional muzzy. What caliber did he use? Round ball or conical?

.54 caliber, 110 grains powder, patched round ball, custom hawkins rifle made by my amazing and talented husband (bearguide)! ;) It is a montana barrel with siler lock, davis double set trigger, and curly maple stock.

Everything used was traditional and handmade…..I will post pics of all of it soon. I will also write up the story….it's pretty cool!

OP
R

rebecca francis

I call BS!
There is no way you are old enough to have a son old enough to hunt.
Congrats on a great moose with a MZ, Landon. You have every right to be proud Rebecca! You raised him right!

Ha Ha! I am very proud!!!! And I am definitely not very old….and I feel even younger! ;) But I have do have six grandkids!!! They are from my step-kids but they are still mine, and the two boys love to go hunting with "Grandma"!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simply awesome!!! Congrats to Landon, and way to help him get it done Rebecca and bear guide!

Great Job Landon! Helluva nice bull, and with a muzzleloader too! people will always admire the moose and then when they hear about the method, the'll say; "No way! Really? How cool!!! and admire you and your moose even more. Rebecca, Way to go on supporting him and being such a good mom!
-And Bearguide... You seem to be doing everything right all the way round! Outstanding!!!