Cash's First Season & Muley Buck

DWarcher

WKR
Outstanding Robbie. I've been blessed to experience the same thing three times over and like you said, there's nothing better!

KHNC

WKR
Congrats to Cash! Did the same thing in NE with my son at 10. Both my son and daughter are hunters, but unfortunately at 17 and 15 they have almost given it up. Hoping they get interested later in life again before I am too old to climb the mountain.

I don't nor will have kids of my own. I have a nephew who has lived for hunting since his dad first took him when he was 5 or so. When he turned 10 I started putting him in for AZ. He sent me pics of his first WI whitetail and I kept telling him as long as he did good in school I would put him in for AZ. Well after 3 years he drew a Thanksgiving week mule deer tag and is on his way soon for his first mule deer hunt. I am so excited. I can only imagine how you must feel seeing your son accomplish his first successful hunt.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
KHNC- there's a lot better chance they'll return to hunting than if you'd never taken the time to teach them...

MF- that sounds like a great hunt for him. Good on you and let us know hot it goes, buck or not. Lot's to be learned.

I learned with my son, half-day hunts are best for him right now. By the time I roll him out of bed at 5:30, hike and hunt till 10:30, that's a pretty long day for a little guy. Let him rest for afternoon/evening, play like 10 year olds do, and he was fired up to go the next day.

Stwrt9

WKR
Robby, what an awesome video and memory! I can not wait to take my kids hunting with me to experience something as special as this! Congrats to you and Cash and hopefully many many more of these to come!!

Roy68

WKR
I somehow missed this one. Congratulations to Cash & Robby!!!!

Last year I & my oldest went down this same path. I get it Dad; no words can do it justice. It is some kind of blessed endeavor we get to experience; being fathers.

What an awesome experience! I can hardly wait to do this with my own son. Robby, your son has an amazing hunting mentor. You should be very proud!:)

bbrown

WKR
How the hell did I miss this one?!?!?! Big congrats to you both and using the grandpa's rifle only makes it better.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how I missed this one too. Robby this is your coolest mule deer hunting video yet. Congrats to you and your boy. That composure he maintained was amazing for a boy his age, he held it together better than you Robby lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, thanks for chiming in and resurrecting this old thread. I love to relive that day. Thanks

vlad

Banned
Congrats to Cash! Did the same thing in NE with my son at 10. Both my son and daughter are hunters, but unfortunately at 17 and 15 they have almost given it up. Hoping they get interested later in life again before I am too old to climb the mountain.

can't wait till my daughter is 10, she has been interested in shooting for awhile now. its gonna be awesome.

Wassid82

WKR
I appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I can’t wait for my kids to do the same. Thanks

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord