10x scope max range ?

What would you say the max range is for a 10x scope ? Game sized targets and then moa sized targets

Please for the love of Rokslide stop posting the same question in multiple threads.

Then everyone can simply answer the question and all the information will magically be in same spot. Makes it much easier on everyone searching for the same answer later

Also might give the search option a try and this is a subject that has been addressed multiple times.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Please for the love of Rokslide stop posting the same question in multiple threads.

Then everyone can simply answer the question and all the information will magically be in same spot. Makes it much easier on everyone searching for the same answer later

Also might give the search option a try and this is a subject that has been addressed multiple times.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Buddy I did not post the same question twice .... they are similar but not the same .... damn you guys are strict on this forum

It’ll depend in part on target size & condition, background, Envinronmentals, etc. as well as the quality of your optic. I typically like 10x - 12x shooting a 12” plate at 1,000 yards. More mag is usually a rookie mistake. And quality does play a role - I’d take a Tangent, ZCO, Kahles, etc. on 10x over a cheap-o scope on 20x or 25x.
It’s a nightforce nxs 2.5-10 ... I don’t rly plan on shooting at 1000 but 600 will be more common

Your glass is more then enough, would recommend hitting the range and practicing out to the ranges you plan on shooting at.

Also from a game perspective think about the furthest distance you would take a confident ethical shoot and practice that range + 100-200yrds

This guy has started 8-10 similar threads on another forum. I thought one member was being snarky when he asked the OP if he knew which end of the gun went against his shoulder. Now I think that poster's concerns were legitimate.

This guy has started 8-10 similar threads on another forum. I thought one member was being snarky when he asked the OP if he knew which end of the gun went against his shoulder. Now I think that poster's concerns were legitimate.
How ? I have posted all of my questions because I wanted them answerd .... is that not one of the reasons forums exist ? I originally was finding out which scope to go with and now I’m just asking people what they think about a particular scope .... you guys are taking this to seriously

And who the **** asked that? I never saw that message Jesus

Oh .... Paul the peddler ? That guy is a piece of work .... I used to read these forums and think they’re ere a great way for people to learn and expand what they know about shooting .... now I think it’s partly that but also a bunch of guys that get anoyed if a guy asks to many questions ..... I’m greatful for those who have helped me out here ..... those who have issues with me posting .... well I’m not to sure what to tell you

OP, from someone who does way too much overthinking things, you are way overthinking this. Buy a reliable scope. Multiple have been recommended. Hit the range, and in a year or two you will either love what you have or you will sell what you have and buy what you want because you will know what you want at that point.

The internet is great to a point, but refinement is something we all have to undertake on our own. Some of these problems are only problems until we get real world experience. Again, not trying to be hard on you because I am guilty of the same thing.

Best of luck.

OP, from someone who does way too much overthinking things, you are way overthinking this. Buy a reliable scope. Multiple have been recommended. Hit the range, and in a year or two you will either love what you have or you will sell what you have and buy what you want because you will know what you want at that point.

The internet is great to a point, but refinement is something we all have to undertake on our own. Some of these problems are only problems until we get real world experience. Again, not trying to be hard on you because I am guilty of the same thing.

Best of luck.
Yeah I rly am overthinking it ... thank you tho and I’ve pretty much just made up my mind I’ll just go with the nxs and find a used one

It’s a nightforce nxs 2.5-10 ... I don’t rly plan on shooting at 1000 but 600 will be more common
No clue your experience level but watching guys on videos making 600 yard shots look easy sometimes leads people to believe they are chip shots. I have been shooting long range for many years- my only advice is practice a lot and realize that to make even a 300 yard shot consistently, a person has to have good form and practice. Your scope will be fine but here is one short article discussing original theory behind magnification and range- https://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/pick-the-proper-power-in-your-riflescope/384047

Back