145 LRX vs 150 TTSX in 280 AI

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The lrx are longer range due to being sleeker with better BC, the fact they designed to open easier is a bonus imho.

Found a shank from an 80gr ttsx outa a 243win recently, that lost its petals at 200yds, but deer was dead so no problem imho.

I use the hammers in my 300wsm, it’s fun seeing the vapor trail off those things.

Tmac

WKR
I use the 145LRX out of a 280Rem at 3,013 fps average. It has worked very well on deer and cow elk. 50 yards to about 250 so far. It has enough velocity to be good to 600 for me where I hunt. I use 2,000 fps as my minimum velocity. I’d probably try the 139LRX with the 145LRX and see what shoots best. No 139 LRX when I set mine up, or I would have started there.

As far as falling apart at close range, maybe petals shearing off up close, no idea. Yet to recover one. But I’d imagine it happens occasionally and would probably enhance lethality, more like a Hammer.

I'm not sure anyone said they had concern about Barnes losing petals. I said in post #40 "no issue, IMO". Maybe I missed that other posters had concern about that in this thread.

Hammers are a good bullet, created where there was a niche for a different mono and they take care of business just like a Barnes does. (y)