155gr Terminal Ascent 1-10 twist

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all cutting it down to the wire but hopefully my rifle will be back here in the next week so I’m gathering things for the this season. Scheels had Terminal Ascent 7mm Rem mag on sale so I picked up 4 boxes after reading positive reviews (figured they’re scarce enough if they work I’ll be set if not I’ll sell them to someone who can use them). Reading deeper now though I see they’re EXTREMELY long at 1.514”. Will my 22” 1-10” twist barrel be enough to stablizie that? I saw on another thread a fella was key holing with 1-11” 300wm and the 200gr TA.

If not I’m back to the drawing board of what’s available around here to use for deer and elk this season.
162gr precision hunter
150gr tipped core lokt
Or my deep stash of 140 or 150gr Winchester ballistic silver tips that my old bdl loves and has always worked great on deer.

hiker270

WKR
The only way you will know if they will work is shoot them. I shoot Federal T/A in several of my rifles and every one shoots under MOA. The 200 gr. T/A in 300 mag will group 1" at 300 yds. if I do my part. If I was gonna use a 7mm mag for elk it would be my first choice. Your Winchester Ballistic Silvertip is basically a Nosler Ballistic Tip that is coated. Sure they will kill an elk but would not be my first choice.

Macintosh

WKR
Couldnt say, just figured it would be an equally good place to start as a bunch of interweb rando’s.