15x56 bino question

I’ve upgraded my 10x significantly to Razor UHD- they fit great and I love everyt but the weight. I am looking to get some higher power 15x glass and don’t wanna break the bank. I’m hunting southern Wyoming this year and next mule deer this year elk next and usually only do 2 trips a year west.
My question is if I go lower end like 15x Diamondbacks or Athlon am I going to really see much more than my higher end UHD in 10x on a tripod? Is it worth the $$? Or Should I spring for a set of Sig Zulu9 at just over $1k? I know everyone loves the Meoptas but a little over what I want to spend and they are scarce. The other option is the Ares UHD spotter I guess for $550.

Blue72

WKR
Get a nice tripod for your 10x

the cheaper high powered binoculars work great at closer distance, but often loose detail at long distances or require constant attention. You might be better off just using your UHD on a tripod. They should be good for 1-2 miles depending on conditions

Last edited:
OP
S
Thanks for the replies, I’ll pass on the cheap stuff. See if I can hold off…I have read great things on the Sigs though

Lwing

FNG
Never, ever, ever, use high end glass, it will not only ruin you with anything less, it will drain your bank account, possible divorce when you say, don’t make me choose,, ask me how I know,

fatrascal

WKR
I think you made the right decision by choosing a spotter over 15x binos when you already have 10 power binos. You can still rent a pair of 15's if you have an itch and need to scratch it. In the future you can upgrade your optics because eventually you WILL look through somebody else's optics and will be bitten by the optics bug. Fatrascal.

fatlander

WKR
You’re not going to gain anything by buying crappier glass than what you’ve got.

Optically, the UHD Razor are great but they’re huge and heavy. I ditched my 10x UHDs for swaro SLCs. Couldn’t be happier. They feel like they’re half the size, half the weight, and optically a little better.

If you get some big binos, you’re going to be carrying around two big sets. If you’re dead set on the big binos, ditch the razors for something actually 10x sized. If you don’t want to ditch them, get a good spotter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through this dilemma a couple of years ago and went from diamonback 10x to a razor 15x. Glass quality was better but it came with a gnarly weight penalty. Then I found a pair of Leica Duovids and haven’t looked back. The 8x and 12x glass is awesome and its a bit heavier than my db 10x.