18’s or 15’s?

Jbow387

FNG
For those of you that have ran either or both, help steer me in a direction with pros/cons…
Have a few hunts this year that I anticipate spending a lot of time behind the glass finding aoudad and mule deer.
Going to get the Maven B.5’s but torn between the 18s or 15’s.
I can see a little further with the 18s but not as wide as the 15’s

thanks!

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Sig 15s. I like to keep a spotting scope with me too so I like the idea of 15s over 18s for the added field of view

OP
J

Jbow387

FNG
I love my Sig 15s. I like to keep a spotting scope with me too so I like the idea of 15s over 18s for the added field of view
I plan on keeping my spotter too. Do you run the 15s on your chest or exclusively on a tripod?

Sled

WKR
I have the b5 in 15x. I don't use them as much as I thought I would be they are great for the right conditions. Mostly from the truck but on certain hunts with longer glassing tht doesn't require a spotter. I will hand hold these for short periods but I stabilize off of trees, hat or my weapon.

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Vortex UHD 18's on a tripod and love them. They have a decently wide field of view and let me really stretch things out while glassing. I highly recommend them.

One thing to consider with 18's is a bino harness big enough to carry them. I run the Alaska Guide Creations and it works well.

Hoodie

WKR
I've had both. At first I really liked the 18x but over time I found the eye positioning a pain w/ the small exit pupil.

I went back to the 15x56. They're easier for me to get behind.