2.5 oz Field Dressing Kit

WKR
I'm tired of forgetting pens or zip ties, only having one rubber glove, not being able to find my knife, etc. when I have some unexpected free time to run out for a quick hunt. This week I put together a couple vacuum-packed Lightweight Field Dressing Kits to put in each of my hunting bags and my truck. I'm happy with the weight of them. I'm not planning to use the scalpel as a primary knife, but I am going to try it out on the next deer I shoot. I got the inspiration for this from the plastic handle that comes with the Kershaw RBK.

Lightweight Field Dressing Kit
4’ orange flagging tape
Ball-point pen
8” zip ties (2)
10’ 1.3mm, 580# uhmwpe cord
Shoulder length plastic gloves
Textured-grip nitrile gloves
#22 disposable scalpel
Hand wipes (2)

Screenshot_20240119-210033.png

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I love it.

That’s a great idea. Thinking out loud here, I try to remember to do the same thing with ziploc bags for “single use” grab bags to throw in. Having loose gloves and stuff is a pain trying to remember to go through it. Also, trying to remember to grab another new blade for my Outdoor Edge. I usually just grabbed a couple. Naturally I can never remember how many are left in the kill kit. I forget stuff and lose track all the time. Makes me frustrated packing and then missing something if hunting.

With this, if the kit is sealed, I don’t have to worry about the contents. Grab and go.

I could also seal in the tag for a specific hunt. It’s in the natural place when I kill. I usually have it bouncing between my pants, bino harness, pack, etc. always checking before I go out where I have it.

This is making me think about getting a vacuum sealer for all the cool things I see people doing.

Reactions: 9.1
OP

WKR
No game bags?
If I'm going on a backpack hunt, I'm usually pretty prepared and pack those. This is mostly for my typical quick morning or evening sits where I'll drag a gutted deer less than a mile to my truck and drop it off at the local processor as a donation to the food bank.

sargent

WKR

CMF

WKR