2024 New Mexico Draw Results

Merriams, yes sir. There might be a mix in this area though with some Rio’s. Not many turkeys in this area originally. A large landowner had a bunch of Rio’s and “accidentally” released them into the wild about 20 years ago or so, maybe longer. Eventually, more Merriams moved in from southern CO and other parts of NM. This area is a special youth only areawith 5 tag’s available. I shoot Merriams where we usually go OTC.

575 ELK

FNG
A good 4x4, a Jack, a few 2x6 boards and a tow strip or a chain. If you get into some deep sand on a two track you’ll need it.

COelk89

FNG
Damn, calm down Cam Hanes. Drink your elk blood with Joe and keep hammering.
Lol. For the record I don't pay attention to either of those guys. I was fired up but I have my reasons. I get where you are at too. Best of luck to everyone on their hunts and draws.

Applied for my third year and finally went green for my first time. Was thinking I would hopefully get a Barbary Sheep tag but to my pleasant surprise got a rifle Elk tag in 36. Starting to get some things figured out but if anyone would be willing to share some info via DM I would appreciate it. I’m over the moon excited.

Lapaiki39

FNG
Since I live over 4000 miles away from the area, that was guided. My guides were excellent. My shooting was far from it, but we got it done. Meat is exceptional!