270-7PRC, 3144 fps

270vld

FNG
I joined today. Have been seeing a lot of internet discussions on hunters/shooters interested in a 270-7PRC. Same here. I held off on all PRCs waiting on the 7PRC knowing it was a mater of time. Currently own 4. But the 0.277 Berger EOL had me wondering. So, I took a 7PRC brass, necked it down to 277. Seated a Berger 170, sent it to JGS and got a reamer. Finally got the 24 inch 4 groove 8t cut rifled barrel joined to my Terminus Zeus QC long action and did testing starting about a week ago. Final shots w/o any signs of pressure exceeded my initial goal. I'm at 3144fps. According to Berger's website calculator, this beats the 7PRC with a 180 Berger VLD at 3000 fps in energy, drop, drift. And, with a guessed but reasonable velocity entered into the calculator for a 7mm 195 EOL, it beats it also. Still have a lot more testing to do as well as with the 165 Nosler ABLR.

Ramem7mm

FNG
Sounds interesting. How is recoil in comparison to the 7prc, similar I assume? Any photos

OP

270vld

FNG
Sounds interesting. How is recoil in comparison to the 7prc, similar I assume? Any photos
No pics yet. Right now I'm only testing the set up in my MDT chassis. I had a carbon fiber stock but chose to order a new one from McMillan which I'm told will be roughly 3 months before delivery. Then the Terminus action will need to be bedded. I am using a TT Diamond at 14 or so oz.