2B New mexico advice

utahkid39

FNG
I hate to beat a dead horse but I figured id better cover as many bases as I could. I drew my first new Mexico deer tag this year for 2B its the late rifle from nov 6-10, I drove 8 hours one way this weekend and put 1000 miles on the truck trying to learn the area so I don't go in completely blind, I didn't see a ton of deer which i didn't expect to from the things I've read. I mainly covered ground north of highway 64 and didn't spend any time south of 64 really. Just wanted to ask some advice from people who know the area or have hunted it before if there was anywhere I should focus on or spend some extra attention on, places to stay away from. I know its a "migration" hunt so maybe there is some certain canyons I should watch or keep an eye on that they migrate through. I spent time on both the west and east side of Navajo reservoir and don't know which side is better. I've never hunted mesa country like this so its totally new to me! Would it be worth it for me to hunt south of 64? just looking for advice from someone with more knowledge of the area than i do, gonna hunt my guts out regardless!

Lane579

FNG
I don’t know why anyone would put in for a NM unit 2 anymore. I lived there and hunted it when I was young with my dad but now every switcher and pumper that works out there tries for a tag. (There’s a ton of pressure, even without hunters.)