6.5 creed ammunition

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
A general question for people on here. I currently run factory hornady precision hunter 147 grain in my kimber Hunter. It likes the ammo but I have been less impressed with how it reacts when killing game.

I have always liked the Barnes ttsx and have it for my 300 wsm and 308. So I have been eyeing the ttsx 120 grain but also the 127 grain LRX which intrigues with a little better BC. So does anybody have experience with these bullets?

As of now I run factory but I am planning om starting to handload for it.

What rifle did you use?

I saw your WTS, I might have to pick you up on a few of those to try them out.
A Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 CM w/ 21” barrel.
This year it was chopped to 18” and I used G9 Defense 113 g. LRH ammo for the ram I killed. It was close, 70 yards, and quite destructive. The LRX would have been a better choice as I lost more meat in the front shoulder than I would have liked. I don’t know how much expansion I got at 518 yards with the LRX, as I got a full pass through on the shoulder, but the ram didn’t go far.

A general question for people on here. I currently run factory hornady precision hunter 147 grain in my kimber Hunter. It likes the ammo but I have been less impressed with how it reacts when killing game.
This is my first year shooting the 147, I'm curious what you would like to see from it?

I have only shot two critters with it, both died quickly. One close range of exploded both shoulders and passed through. One close-medium, broke spine and received an immediate followup. I found the second in the offside meat.

OP
NilsBackstrom

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first year shooting the 147, I'm curious what you would like to see from it?

I have only shot two critters with it, both died quickly. One close range of exploded both shoulders and passed through. One close-medium, broke spine and received an immediate followup. I found the second in the offside meat.
I've shot 3 blacktails with em. They were all one shot kills so of course I'm happy with that. But 2 of them i was less happy with how the bullets expanded and also the weight retention.

I've mainly used copper before and like the high weight retention and deep penetration without having to worry about lead in the meat.

Marshfly

WKR
I've shot 3 blacktails with em. They were all one shot kills so of course I'm happy with that. But 2 of them i was less happy with how the bullets expanded and also the weight retention.

I've mainly used copper before and like the high weight retention and deep penetration without having to worry about lead in the meat.

What you are describing is exactly the difference in a copper bullet and an ELD-whatever. One sheds parts and makes a large wound cavity that is devastating and one stays together and you have to hope the tiny wound channel hits enough vital parts for a quick clean kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk