7wsm to 28 Nosler

Yeah, the nosler factory ammo listed velocity with 175s is 315 fps faster in the 28 nosler than the 7rm. Some of these numbers are crazy.

h8brick

FNG
My 7wsm is built on a Stiller Tac 300, which is a long action. I've got the barrel ordered and already have the gunsmith lined up. I'll purchase the stock once I get a few more paychecks in the bank account. I've settled on the 28 Nosler throated for the 195 Berger EOL. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I am wanting a 28 nos in the cristensen mesa , i was wanting to use the 195 bergers as well how long will the barrell last for hunting, and will the 175 long range accubonds do just as good on elk and mulies?

I am wanting a 28 nos in the cristensen mesa , i was wanting to use the 195 bergers as well how long will the barrell last for hunting?

You could trash it in one range trip if you wanted to or limp it along to 1000+ rounds by pussyfooting around with it.

huntnful

WKR
I am wanting a 28 nos in the cristensen mesa , i was wanting to use the 195 bergers as well how long will the barrell last for hunting, and will the 175 long range accubonds do just as good on elk and mulies?
That christensen more than likely won't run the 195's with its 1-9 twist barrel. Don't buy it based off of running those bullets. They need 1-8 twist. There's also some other stipulations with mag length limitations and stuff for the 195's. Pretty much need a custom gun for those badboys. I'm at 400 rounds through mine and it's still a tack driver for sure. I plan on getting 800-1000 rounds and then just throwing a barrel on it. The berger 180 VLD's or the factory 175 accubonds will kill an elk just fine.

h8brick

FNG
That christensen more than likely won't run the 195's with its 1-9 twist barrel. Don't buy it based off of running those bullets. They need 1-8 twist. There's also some other stipulations with mag length limitations and stuff for the 195's. Pretty much need a custom gun for those badboys.
Ya i had seen that as i was doing research, i was thinking the 175Eldxs? But i had read on another site in New Mexico elk hunters some guides said the eldxs even in the 162s dont do good past 400, 500? But i know of guys that have shot farther and smoked bulls? I am still unsure what is correct bullet for elk, and mules

huntnful

WKR
It depends where you want to shoot them at. If you want to wait for a perfect broadside shot and shoot a few inches behind the shoulder, they'll ALL kill an elk. If want the option of a fatal quartering to shoulder shot, I'd go with the accubond for sure. I've killed with the ELDX, the VLD's and the 195 EOL. I would not want to shoot a big bull in the shoulder with any of them. BUT, they are going to absolutely turn his insides into soup with a broadside double lung shot. I'm testing out some mono metal loads now to see if I can get the best of both worlds. Fragments in the vitals and deep penetration with an exit hole. The bergers VIOLENTLY penetrate for like 15-20". There have been no exits on my animals, but they dont go far, if it doesnt just drop them in their tracks.

FFastEddie

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta love those 7mm's! I just started putting my 7 x 300 prc together.